PDA

View Full Version : Question about other Duke sites

Mrezt
11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey, i've read these boards for a while but never actually posted haha. I finally signed up the other day (after i have been on here reading for what seems like 2 years) and will start to post

Anyways, i was curious if any of you visit the rivals board or the scout board. i am interested in buying one of their premium/insider services but i dont know which one is better. Anybody have any opinions or thoughts on which one i should go with?

CameronDuke
11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't have a rivals account but my best friend (who is also a Dukie) has one and he loves it. He has had it for two years on and off (because some months he simply can't afford it in the current economy) and gets full access of the message boards, insider stories, and really keeps up to date on his recruiting news. I would recommend rivals if you want to go that route in terms of learning a lot about incoming recruits to Duke as well as recruits all across the country. He seems to enjoy rivals. Hope this helps.

Tim1515
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I live on the rivals board...it's a good free message board. I paid for a while during an average time. Around this time of year seems like the best time to have access to stories and the insider message board.

Mrezt
11-05-2009, 06:44 PM
thanks for the responses so far :) hopefully i can get at least one scout insider before my final choice

but from the couple of years i've been on either board it seems like the rivals board is a little more level headed sometimes (doesnt get swayed as easily) than the scout board

jdk
11-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Don't know much about Rivals, but it has generally been said that they are better at football recruiting, while Scout is better at basketball recruiting. It seems that there are more people on the Scout site that have a clue about what's going on, which probably has to do with the fact that TDD has been around for almost 13 years (Devil's Illustrated started as a byproduct of TDD moving from Rivals to Scout several years ago). Stay away from the free basketball forum and you'll be alright.

Greg_Newton
11-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Scout Premium's insiders are usually pretty on top of things. That said, you have to sift through the millions of garbage posts (case in point, the 27 pages of HB posts since this morning...) to get to them. DBR is a much better overall message board than either of them, IMO, but I go with Scout for the insider stuff.

Edit: In any case, this would be an opportune time to take your 7-day free trial there!

DukeHoopsGuru
11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Been a member at both. The moderators at Scout are smug people IMO who perpetuate the Duke stereotype. The new guys at Rivals (Brian and Clint) seem to be much more amicable message board wise although they don't post as much as the almighty John TDD (sarcasm).

J.Blink
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Been a member at both. The moderators at Scout are smug people IMO who perpetuate the Duke stereotype. The new guys at Rivals (Brian and Clint) seem to be much more amicable message board wise although they don't post as much as the almighty John TDD (sarcasm).
Could you possibly explain in a little more depth? The cast and characters (and the other non-DBR boards) are completely unknown to me...

PaIronDuke
11-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Although I haven't used the premium services of the two sites mentioned,I do subscribe to the Blue Devil Nation premium site and would be astonished if either of the two is as good, especially for Duke-related information.

There appears to be a remarkably high level of satisfaction among its users for its accuracy and timeliness-the Irving recruitment being the latest example. You probably have seen occasional posts on DBR by Mark Watson, its owner.