PDA

View Full Version : FB: Cutcliffe feature on NPR's Morning Edition 11/6

SharkD
11-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Listening to NPR this afternoon, the local affiliate, WUNC (I know, I know, but they're now based in Durham, @ ATC), they ran a promo that went something like: "Most autumn weekdays, he climbs a 40 foot pedestal and yells for most of the morning."

Apparently, Morning Edition is going to run a feature on the arrival of David Cutcliffe to Duke, and "the remarkable turn-around of Duke Football" on Friday, November 6.

It should be podcasted by the middle of the day tomorrow, if you don't feel like listening live. (I can't find anything on their site, right now.)

CameronBornAndBred
11-05-2009, 05:12 PM
That's awesome, thanks for the find and the tip! I'm in Eastern NC, so I'm not sure they'll carry it here, but if we're lucky we can find a feed. (Our NPR broadcasts live and has archives)

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Wonderful! Coach Cutcliffe deserves all the good press coming his way now. How timely that this feature will be the day before the game he's called the biggest since his arrival at Duke!

Battierfan01
11-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know what time the Morning Edition usually broadcasts?

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know what time the Morning Edition usually broadcasts?

Here's a link for the schedule for WUNC. You can listen to the program online later in the day. http://wunc.org/schedule

TNTDevil
11-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Not really apropos for this thread but, I think, regardless the outcome of Saturday's game, Duke Football is finally, at long last "on the radar".

Way to go Duke and Coach Cutcliffe!

SharkD
11-05-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the national portion of Morning Edition that's running the feature, not just WUNC/WRQM/WUND's local element. The voice during the promo sounded like the national co-host, Steve Inskeep, rather than one of the local talents.

SharkD
11-06-2009, 09:25 AM
The segment was local to WUNC--not national--and produced by reporter Dave DeWitt.

Here's the audio: http://wunc.org/programs/news/archive/NDD1106_dukeFB.mp3/view (5min 6sec)

When Duke and North Carolina face each other Saturday at Kenan Stadium, the two teams will be battling for the Victory Bell--a large bell on wheels that has gone to the winner since the 1940s.

But victories in football are not easy for either program. North Carolina has spent lavishly on facilities and coaches in recent years, without achieving success at the highest level.

At Duke, wins have proven even more elusive. Three times this decade Duke has gone an entire season without winning a game. But, that trend could be changing. A new coach and a new attitude have the Blue Devils at 5 and 3 this season. Dave DeWitt has the story of Duke’s football resurgence.

JStuart
11-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Interesting that no mention was made of the Manning brothers. Maybe not a bad thing.