View Full Version : Injury report for 11-7

jimsumner
11-05-2009, 12:18 PM
"CB Lee Butler (leg) -- Probable

LB Abraham Kromah (leg) -- Questionable

RB Kyle Griswould (leg) -- OUT FOR SEASON
WR Tyree Watkins (leg) -- OUT FOR SEASON
S Anthony Young-Wiseman (knee) -- OUT FOR SEASON"

Pretty encouraging. Keep your fingers crossed on Kromrah.

loran16
11-05-2009, 12:48 PM
"CB Lee Butler (leg) -- Probable

LB Abraham Kromah (leg) -- Questionable

RB Kyle Griswould (leg) -- OUT FOR SEASON
WR Tyree Watkins (leg) -- OUT FOR SEASON
S Anthony Young-Wiseman (knee) -- OUT FOR SEASON"

Pretty encouraging. Keep your fingers crossed on Kromrah.

Huh. We tend to treat Questionable more as probable lately...(For Example, Boyette played last game. Hollingsworth played 1 snap while he was listed as Doubtful vs NC Central, etc.), but if there's any doubts, Kromah should sit. This is NOT the team that we're going to need the perfect defensive team in place (they're not a great offense at all), and we will need a great defense vs GT and Miami the next 2 weeks.

jimsumner
11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Questionable means he might play. Or he might not. Better than doubtful, not as good as probable.

jipops
11-05-2009, 02:02 PM
How about a case of the definitelys.

jimsumner
11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Definitely maybe.

loran16
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Questionable means he might play. Or he might not. Better than doubtful, not as good as probable.

I know. Generally its given that:
Probable = 75% chance he's going to play
Questionable = 50% chance he's going to play
Doubtful = 25% chance he's going to play.

I was just saying that we've been playing players who were listed as questionable or worse several times this year, which leads me to suspect that Kromah's odds are better than 50%

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-05-2009, 02:36 PM

I was just saying that we've been playing players who were listed as questionable or worse several times this year, which leads me to suspect that Kromah's odds are better than 50%

Coach Cutcliffe and the staff are smart and they're experienced in making decisions about whether or when to play someone who's been out for injuries. Thank goodness for the fine medical facilities on campus!

whereinthehellami
11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Big game this weekend. Both teams are playing well. There doesn't seem to be too much hype between Duke and UNC fans for this game. I think that UNC has the obvious edge in talent and the home field advantage. But Duke has been more consistent and has a better coach. If this game comes down to Xs and Os you got to like Duke. But if UNC plays its A game or B game (with no turnovers) Duke will lose due to the talent gap.

CameronBlue
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM

I think it's like rain. When the weatherman says there's a 50 percent chance of rain, he doesn't mean that it's going to rain on 50% of the forecast area. The percentages he cites are based upon accumulated data. Instead what he means is that historically under similar atmospheric conditions it has rained somewhere in the forecast area about half the time those conditions have been present. Questionable must then describe the frequency a player is available to play when his condition matches an injury profile, just guessing here.
The are no such subtle differences in probabilities when on my way out the door in the morning I ask my wife if we are going to get funky when I get return home in the evening. It's "probable," "questionable" or "doubtful" all have the same predictable outcome. :(