PDA

View Full Version : LeMoyne beats Syracuse

rthomas
11-03-2009, 10:10 PM
The LeMoyne Dolphins stunned the Syracuse Orange, 82-79, in an exhibition game at the Carrier Dome on Tuesday night.

Wow.

CameronBornAndBred
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
The LeMoyne Dolphins stunned the Syracuse Orange, 82-79, in an exhibition game at the Carrier Dome on Tuesday night.

Wow.
They can't have Paulus in two sports.:D

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
They can't have Paulus in two sports.:D

hahaha good one. I'm just a little upset it wasn't a real game. I don't hate syracuse i just like to see the little guys win sometimes over the big guys(unless it's duke, then we should go for blood:))

Exiled_Devil
11-04-2009, 12:28 AM
ESPN News is reporting on this and showing highlights of the scrimmage.

I guess that answers the question of whether people would care about a loss to a DII school in a preseason scrimmage.

Blueequalslife23
11-04-2009, 12:50 AM
listen folks...i live in syracuse and watched the game to see how they were doing. And my god..it was hard to watch. They have a player named Wesley Johnson a transfer from ISU who went off with 30 something points but syracuse just can't get it done with that zone d anymore. In the 90's it was feared, Now teams use it againest them!! This team maybe also the worst free throw shooting team in the history of basketball. Critics say we can't win because we don't have a true point guard, well if that's the case...this team is in big trouble.

hc5duke
11-04-2009, 12:58 AM
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=413

that was fast (http://www.lemoynedolphins.com/splash/index-photo)

juise
11-04-2009, 02:03 AM
ESPN News is reporting on this and showing highlights of the scrimmage.

I guess that answers the question of whether people would care about a loss to a DII school in a preseason scrimmage.

My assertion was that an exhibition loss would not define the program or the season. I know some will argue that DII is DII, but LeMoyne is picked to finish 4th in their conference (Northeast-10) where Findlay is ranked 4th in all of DII after going undefeated last year. A loss to either is obviously embarrassing for a top-flight DI program (and will certainly be mocked), but there is a slight difference... IMO.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=413

that was fast (http://www.lemoynedolphins.com/splash/index-photo)

I wish they had cut down the nets. That would have been fantastic. I guess the #1 fingers mean that they're best college hoops team in Syracuse. :p

CEF1959
11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
That's what happens when people say, "It's exhibition; we'll beat 'em by 30," as some did here regarding Findlay. Good teams don't win just by showing up. They still have to play hard, play smart, and execute. When they do those things, they beat lesser teams. When they don't, maybe yes, maybe no.

Duke showed against Findlay, Syracuse didn't against LeMoyne.

Battierfan01
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
I bet Syracuse wishes that this was one of those Secret Preseason Scrimmages.

mj2345
11-04-2009, 10:38 PM
First off the game was a preseason affair. And while it is embarrasing for a school like Syracuse nobody will remember it if they start off strong. They lost 53% of their scoring in Flynn, Devendorf and Paul Harris. Imagine our team this season minus Henderson, Singler and Jon Scheyer. They have a freshman pg in Brandon Triche who just isn't Kyrie Irving. But they are Syracuse and you can rest assured they will find a way to win twenty games. Come march nobody is going to remember this game.

Kewlswim
11-05-2009, 12:59 AM
First off the game was a preseason affair. And while it is embarrasing for a school like Syracuse nobody will remember it if they start off strong. They lost 53% of their scoring in Flynn, Devendorf and Paul Harris. Imagine our team this season minus Henderson, Singler and Jon Scheyer. They have a freshman pg in Brandon Triche who just isn't Kyrie Irving. But they are Syracuse and you can rest assured they will find a way to win twenty games. Come march nobody is going to remember this game.

Hi,

If the 'Cuse wins enough games to go to the NCAA tournament I am sure some enterprising fan of an opponents school will find a way to make sure the Orange remember. Now, will it mean anything? Probably not, but college hoops fans have long memories.

GO DUKE!

Edouble
11-05-2009, 01:00 AM
But they are Syracuse and you can rest assured they will find a way to win twenty games. Come march nobody is going to remember this game.

Don't test me. I will tatoo it on my arm, just to remember to bring it up in March to prove you wrong.

Ohiobobcat204
11-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Lets not get to excited or worked up about this. We all know the attitudes players take into an exhibition game are way different than that of a regular season. I do think that Syracuse will have a down year due to all the losses they suffered, but by no means would this win by Lemoyne happen again if they played another 10 times.
That being said, you gotta love seeing the joy this game brought to those guys. Something they probably will never forget