PDA

View Full Version : Falcons fans

JasonEvans
11-03-2009, 09:53 AM
So, who watched that key game with Nawlins last night? On the one hand I am pleased that we played a pretty darn even game on the road with what is considered by many the best team in football. On the other hand, I am so frustrated that we lost.

I am ready to kill Michael Jenkins, who drops more key passes than the rest of football combined. I love Roddy White (that almost TD was incredible and the TD that he scored was also awesome) but Jenkins just sucks. His drop on 3rd down in the 2nd quarter totally changed the game. Grrrrr.

The D actually did ok, I thought and they were very good in the 2nd half.

There are at least 5 games left on the sked where the Falcons will be very significant favorites in games and they should be in the other games so I am confident of 10 or 11 wins and a playoff birth. Still, I am lamenting the division. A win last night could have made this race really interesting.

--Jason "I looked but we have not had a Falcons thread yet this year... hmmm" Evans

Channing
11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I couldn't believe Jenkins dropped that ball. It seemed like last year he was making really good strides to becoming a solid #2 (see, e.g., the bears game, where he made a huge, clutch catch at the end).

I was happy to see Michael Turner bust out. He has been a head scratcher this year. From what I can tell, the OL has been good to very good at protecting Matt Ryan, but Turner has not been able to break free. Hopefully last night is a sign of things to come in the second half.

Defense held up fairly well, although they did let some big plays go (although, that is to be expected against the Aints). The interception by Brent Grimes was something else. If you watch the replay, he must have been 40+ inches off the ground. As he was coming down he was looking for the ground, but still a good foot away.

Can't forget that Ryan is just a second year QB. He still needs quite a bit of seasoning, but I also like the outlook for the rest of the year.

BD80
11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
... I am ready to kill Michael Jenkins, who drops more key passes than the rest of football combined. ... --Jason "I looked but we have not had a Falcons thread yet this year... hmmm" Evans

Excluding the Lions.

Oh wait. You are right in two ways. The Lions don't have, by definition, any "key" passes. And implicit in your statement "rest of football" was the term "pro."

JasonEvans
11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
The rush attack is back!! The team is starting to resemble last year's club a lot more the past couple weeks. Turner has been really effective lately against two pretty strong defenses. Ryan seemed much better Sunday too, after several so-so games.

I certainly liked the way the Falcons mostly manhandled Washington this past weekend. A good team takes care of business against a bad team and the Falcons did that. It has been a long time since I could really, really feel confident about the Falcons against any opponent but now it really feels like the franchise has turned a corner.

With a slew of very winnable games left on the schedule (Panthers, 2x vs. Tampa, and Buffalo), this team is going to do something no Falcons team ever has... compile a winning record in back-to-back seasons.

--Jason "have you ever seen anything as crazy as DHall and the Falcon coaches almost getting into a fight?!?!" Evans

JasonEvans
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Jason Elam must die!! 35 year field goal shank with 6 minutes left when you are down 2.

I dunno why, but I just sense that the Falcons are going to blow this game.

--Jason "hated the 3rd and 1 QB sneak too" Evans

moonpie23
11-15-2009, 04:00 PM
finally,...something good for the panthers...

Highlander
11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Two evenly matched teams, and a game that came down to turnovers and special teams. Sounds pretty much like every time these two play.

JasonEvans
11-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Someone help me. How should I feel about that loss to the Giants?

I think the bottom line is quite simply that the Falcons secondary is really, really bad and gives up waaay too many deep balls. We are a borderline playoff team the way we are now, but will not be a Super Bowl contender until we get some serious upgrades on D, especially in pass coverage.

--Jason "sigh, the loss to the Giants really hurts because of NFC playoff tiebreakers" Evans

Channing
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
chris houston just looks lost out there. eli was looking for him and picking on him allll day.

ncexnyc
11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
As a fan it's important not to make to much of one loss or one win.

Take a good hard look around the NFL and see how quickly the studs turn into duds.

Just two weeks ago, people were hailing the Cowboys for finally turning things around, but after two lackluster performances, people are starting to ask the same old questions about Tony Romo and that team.

The same can be said about the Eagles. After they demolished my Gmen, people were singing their praises. Now Don Banks is writing about how overated the NFC East was.

ESPN commentators, Berman and Jackson were bashing the Raiders, Browns, Chiefs, Lions, and Rams. They called them tomato cans, but after the past few weeks and especially yesterday they were singing a different tune.

Just be patient with whatever team you follow, the season has many twists and turns in it and a key injury here or there can drastically change things unlike in any other sport.

Eternal Outlaw
11-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Time to make the playoff push. That 6 game stretch was brutal but could see it coming. 6 games, 4 on the road, 4 against teams off a bye has to be one of the toughest 6 game stretch in the league.

4 of 6 games left at home and 2 very winnable road games.

DukieInKansas
11-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Thank you, Falcons, for pulling out the win today. I survive another week in survivor football.