PDA

View Full Version : TV times for 11-14

jimsumner
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Looks like Duke-GT is in the mix fot the bigtime.

Virginia Tech at Maryland, ESPN360.com, 1 pm

Boston College at Virginia, ESPN360.com, 3:30 pm

ABC/ESPN and Raycom also have exercised a six-day option on the following games with the gametimes and networks to be announced no later than 12 noon on Sunday, Nov. 8. The games held are:

Clemson at NC State

Georgia Tech at Duke

Florida State at Wake Forest

Miami at North Carolina

CameronBornAndBred
11-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Cool..but we have to take of business on Saturday to make it happen.

DukeDude
11-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Is the 'bigtime' considered the 3:30 regional game on ABC? Or could it be a night game on espn or espn2?

PumpkinFunk
11-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Is the 'bigtime' considered the 3:30 regional game on ABC? Or could it be a night game on espn or espn2?

Could be any of them, or even the Noon game on Raycom.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Could be any of them, or even the Noon game on Raycom.
That doesn't leave enough time for Brunchgating ;) I vote for the 3:30 start time!

wolfpackdevil
11-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry to burst peoples bubbles, but I highly doubt that ABC will have the Duke/GT game on national TV, since it is in Wallace-Wade.

I bet it will either be on ESPNU or Raycom

blazindw
11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry to burst peoples bubbles, but I highly doubt that ABC will have the Duke/GT game on national TV, since it is in Wallace-Wade.

You never know...except for Miami/UNC (depending on where they are in the ACC), we have as good a chance as any of playing under the lights. I'm hoping that we somehow get the 7:30 game and Miami/UNC is played at noon so I can make it to both games.

Bob Green
11-03-2009, 01:04 AM
....I highly doubt that ABC will have the Duke/GT game on national TV, since it is in Wallace-Wade.

Is that anyway to talk about the Rose Bowl of the East? :D

roywhite
11-03-2009, 06:52 AM

Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, and the GameDay crew setting up in Durham?

Brent Musberger, "You're looking LIVE at Wallace Wade Stadium in Durham, where today the Duke Blue Devils and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets battle for the ACC lead"?

Well, I guess I got a little bit ahead of myself. :)

Thanks to Coach Cut, his staff and the players for getting us into the discussion!

CameronBornAndBred
11-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Brent Musberger, "You're looking LIVE at Wallace Wade Stadium in Durham, where today the Duke Blue Devils and Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets battle for the ACC lead"?

The problem is Wade would be absolutely empty...everyone would stay home so they could watch history..:D

budwom
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM

I don't think the location of the game has anything at all to do with it.
If we beat ewe know who this weekend, it'll most likely be a national (i.e. non Raycom) game. If we don't, it will probably be Raycom.

msdukie
11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
The problem is Wade would be absolutely empty...everyone would stay home so they could watch history..:D

What history? Until 0-11 happened (the first time), ABC and The Brent were known to show up on the Methodist Flats....

And Duke does have 7 ACC titles.

Besides, ESPN could save some money and keep The Brent around for the NIT Season-Tipoff.

CameronBornAndBred
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
What history? Until 0-11 happened (the first time), ABC and The Brent were known to show up on the Methodist Flats....

Ok...let me rephrase...modern history. A.S. (After Spurrier)

msdukie
11-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Ok...let me rephrase...modern history. A.S. (After Spurrier)

Actually, A.G. (or more precisedly During G.):rolleyes:

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-03-2009, 10:56 AM
We sound like we're planning a party and are concerned that no one will come.

Fans are as fragile in learning to be winners as are the teams and fans can be quite fickle even if they follow a successful team.

I believe that the stronger the Duke team plays, the stronger the fans can become. While many fans still don't believe in the program, that's changing fast. Good football weather will also be a major boost to attendance at the remaining home games in Wallace Wade.

There was a cheer Coach Cutcliffe tried to get started with the fans last year and some ballyhooed it. That cheer fits now. Let it ring out loudly for all to hear. We are Duke! We are Duke!

budwom
11-03-2009, 03:08 PM
We sound like we're planning a party and are concerned that no one will come.

Fans are as fragile in learning to be winners as are the teams and fans can be quite fickle even if they follow a successful team.

I believe that the stronger the Duke team plays, the stronger the fans can become. While many fans still don't believe in the program, that's changing fast. Good football weather will also be a major boost to attendance at the remaining home games in Wallace Wade.

There was a cheer Coach Cutcliffe tried to get started with the fans last year and some ballyhooed it. That cheer fits now. Let it ring out loudly for all to hear. We are Duke! We are Duke!

Not sure "ballyhoo" means what you think it does, DIBD.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Not sure "ballyhoo" means what you think it does, DIBD.

I was referring to the near contempt I kept hearing and reading. Perhaps this discourse will help illuminate what I was attempting to say. http://www.answers.com/topic/ballyhoo .... particularly the phrase "besides being a term for a specific kind of ship, was also used contemptuously of inferior ships."

What's of greatest significance is that the the cheer, "We are Duke" can be viewed in a much more positive light this season.

I'll be be careful in selecting vocabulary in the future. :)

budwom
11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
I was referring to the near contempt I kept hearing and reading. Perhaps this discourse will help illuminate what I was attempting to say. http://www.answers.com/topic/ballyhoo .... particularly the phrase "besides being a term for a specific kind of ship, was also used contemptuously of inferior ships."

What's of greatest significance is that the the cheer, "We are Duke" can be viewed in a much more positive light this season.

I'll be be careful in selecting vocabulary in the future. :)

I was just confused by your usage, DIBD...generally ballyhooed means highly touted, yet it sounded like the crowd wasn't into it.
Any cheer at a Duke game would be most welcome. We'll use it at the Orange Bowl!

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-03-2009, 05:05 PM
I was just confused by your usage, DIBD...generally ballyhooed means highly touted, yet it sounded like the crowd wasn't into it.
Any cheer at a Duke game would be most welcome. We'll use it at the Orange Bowl!
Come on down! We need you at the home games.... seats still available with a great view of the field. I'll even make sure you enjoy a great meal before kickoff.