PDA

View Full Version : Real life heckling of UNC and the Terps

Lord Ash
11-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Just thought people would enjoy a pair of real-world heckling stories...

First off... we have a math program in my school that was largely written by a UNC grad and a Maryland grad. Now, despite what your first instincts might be, it is a decent program. However, "Terrapin Crafts" is featured prominently throughout the math program... they are renting space and you need to design the carpet... they are selling a new stuffed turtle and you have to price it... all of this nonsense. Well, within the first day we renamed it to the ever-imaginative "Stupid Crafts," and the students now automatically cross out the word "Terrapin" and replace it with the word "Stupid."

Then, yesterday, while I watched the New York City marathon to cheer on some friends, a runner wearing a UNC shirt ran past. As I leaned over the barriers, I gave her a nice loud GTHC. The mix of shock and recognition on her face was priceless.

Anyway... thought folks might appreciate the stories.

BD80
11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
... we have a math program in my school that was largely written by a UNC grad and a Maryland grad. ...

Your school uses "Math by Dummies" as a textbook?

jesus_hurley
11-02-2009, 12:22 PM
... a runner wearing a UNC shirt ran past. As I leaned over the barriers, I gave her a nice loud GTHC. The mix of shock and recognition on her face was priceless...

Did she fall to the ground like she hit a brick wall with a pained expression on her face?

DukeSean
11-02-2009, 12:34 PM
That was pretty funny, thanks!