PDA

View Full Version : Status Check

OZZIE4DUKE
11-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale visiting my dad, who had a ministroke 10 days ago. It is warm and muggy, but not as hot as it will be next Saturday in chapel hill, when carolina GOES TO HELL! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-01-2009, 01:48 PM
On the western edge of the NC Piedmont, it's a gray day characterized by continuing fog and drizzle...... or is that condensation rising from Chapel Hill? There is a hint of sulfur in the air.

CameronBornAndBred
11-01-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm pondering driving on my rims to Kenan, for surely the heat will melt my rubber tires. GTHC!

killerleft
11-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm pondering driving on my rims to Kenan, for surely the heat will melt my rubber tires. GTHC!

I always thought that smell was brimstone! GTHC, GTH!

moonpie23
11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
like the irs showing up at your house....

CameronBlue
11-01-2009, 05:14 PM
like the irs showing up at your house....

Have someone introduce you to the miracle of depreciation. Someone associated with the Carolina football program should know a good bit about it.

dukestheheat
11-01-2009, 07:00 PM

...hilarious! I can just see this!

COME ON DUKE! THROTTLE UP! The forecast for Chapel Hell this coming Saturday is hydrochloric acid HOT as hell and NO Hell player will be able to withstand the Duke Heat coming at them.

Let's go DUKE FOOBALL!!

dukestheheat.

bill brill
11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
ESPN and the ACC c ame to their senses today and switched duke-unc from espn360 (I couldn't watch UVa game) to ESPNU. State-Maryland's game for losers makes the opposite switch. game time is now 3:30 -- it was 3 p.m.

Newton_14
11-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Bump..

It was unusually warm for a Nov night walking back to my car after the Duke Basketball game in Cameron last night. I could feel the heat coming out of the west and was soaked in sweat by the time I reached the car..

Seems to be getting hotter and hotter as Saturday nears.... Hell is coming tarholes, hell is coming..

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-04-2009, 01:41 PM
The word is out. This is the game of the week.... even Chic-fil-a will have reps there..... the intensity will be hot enough to steam those Heels 'til they're done!

airowe
11-04-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.westilkerton.co.uk/Cow%20&%20Ram.jpg

Even the Chick-Fil-A cows are making the sheep feel hot!

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Here we go again! Did Ramses have anything to do with those people in the trees near the practice field?

DukieInKansas
11-04-2009, 03:15 PM
The heat from the hill is spreading even further west. It is warmer than usual for November. Must be the hole is opening early to allow the tar heels to enter the gates quickly and quietly.

MulletMan
11-04-2009, 04:20 PM
4:21 PM in Durham, NC... there is are ominous looking clouds forming to the west. I checked the weather and see that it was 63 today, but will be 65 tomorrow... clearly a warming trend as the gates to hell open.

Screw the weather forecast... I forecast PAIN for the Tarholes!!!! GO DUKE.

GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!

9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-04-2009, 04:36 PM
There will be injuries suffered by the Heels in the trees for they shall fall to the ground on their cameras.

davekay1971
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
No sign of the pits of hell opening here in Chapel Hill West. Apparently the whisper of interest in UNC Football that was heard Friday morning after the win in Blacksburg has been lost in the overwhelming, oppressive weight of Tarhole apathy regarding anything other than basketball. However, a very small pit may yet open to swallow the only known genuine UNC football fan living in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area. Reports confirm that he has called into the Whiner Line on PrimeTime with the Pacman to record a rant for Monday, just in case he's burning in hell by then.

CameronBlue
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
It is time for good men to travel up river
Marlowe in search of Kurtz
To bear witness to his passing
Though that beast has many lives, it's true
the Heart of Darkness doth beat upon that Hill.
The deed will be done, the prophets say,
And as good men, in august benevolence prevail,
The souless undead from their prison released
the final breaths of those tragic creatures
will be but whispers in the trees,
"The Horror, the horror"...

Jeffrey
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale visiting my dad, who had a ministroke 10 days ago.

Hope your dad gets well soon!

Enjoy your visit and time with your dad.

Greg_Newton
11-04-2009, 06:56 PM
It's a scorcher of an evening here in Nashville, Tennessee, hot enough to melt the neon off the signs and the steel strings right off the guitars. The townsfolk are running wild, screaming about the impending apocolypse. I, however, am all too familiar with the distinct stench drifting in from over the Smokies, and simply smile to myself as I know what is coming in just under 72 hours.

GTHC GTH!!!!!!

dukebsbll14
11-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Watching the Yankees/Phillies game waiting for number 27 and reading what others have said about the "new" Cameron. One month and 11 days until I find out if I am officially Duke Class of 2014!

Got my hs senior night against our rivals Friday, then Duke/UNC football on Saturday! Its gonna be a fun weekend. GTHC!! GTH!!

oh, I need help deciding on my senior quote. Right now its between "Go to Hell Carolina" and "Carolina blue is past tense for Carolina blows." Any suggestions?

airowe
11-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Watching the Yankees/Phillies game waiting for number 27 and reading what others have said about the "new" Cameron. One month and 11 days until I find out if I am officially Duke Class of 2014!

Got my hs senior night against our rivals Friday, then Duke/UNC football on Saturday! Its gonna be a fun weekend. GTHC!! GTH!!

oh, I need help deciding on my senior quote. Right now its between "Go to Hell Carolina" and "Carolina blue is past tense for Carolina blows." Any suggestions?

This one: "Carolina blue is past tense for Carolina blows."

OZZIE4DUKE
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM

9F! Leave 'em guessing!:cool::D

superdave
11-05-2009, 09:25 AM
9:23 am
I plan to watch on tv Saturday.
Our secret weapon will be TJ Yates.
GTHC!

DukieInKansas
11-05-2009, 09:41 AM

9F! Leave 'em guessing!:cool::D

Good luck on Friday.

I'm with Ozzie - a simple 9F for your Senior quote. Leaves them guessing and you smiling.

Being an old codger (should that be codgerette for a female?), I will remind you that your kids will probably look at that at some point in your future.

Forecast is for warmer weather here in the heartland this weekend. Must be related to the gates opening far to my east.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-06-2009, 10:28 AM
The signs of change are popping up all around.....even the Weather Channel is talking about the BIG game tomorrow.

I see 9F everywhere I turn. Got out my 9F button to wear tomorrow along with the rest of my armor when I head into the pit of sulfur and brimstone known as Chapel Hill.

A great mantra is rising from the faithful: GTHC, GTH..... GTHC, GTH

RepoMan
11-06-2009, 12:43 PM
I just can't believe that it is November and that I am genuinely excited about a Duke football game. GTHC!

Mrezt
11-06-2009, 12:57 PM
My "Go to hell carolina" t-shirt just came in the mail today :D

i was nervous it wouldnt get here before tomorrow but luckily it has

today though im wearing my "Duke > UNC" shirt

Newton_14
11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
The signs of change are popping up all around.....even the Weather Channel is talking about the BIG game tomorrow.

I see 9F everywhere I turn. Got out my 9F button to wear tomorrow along with the rest of my armor when I head into the pit of sulfur and brimstone known as Chapel Hill.

Be sure to get "sanitized" when you get back home from that God-forsaken awful, dirty, grimy, slimy town!! HA!

Weatherman said tonight on the 6 o'clock news that after a cool morning the computer models are calling for a very unusual spike in the temperature tomorrow afternoon! A sure sign the gates of hell will begin to open around 3:30 or so!

GTHC GTH 9F 9F 9F

Go get'em Cut, Thad, Vince, Vinny, Varner, Vernon and the rest of the boys!! Beat those holes down into the depths!!

Duke Football- "A Cut Above"

DU82
11-06-2009, 11:12 PM

As I prepare to join Devil in the Blue Dress in journeying (separate in travel, together in purpose) to Hades tomorrow, in my small royal blue bag, I have a radio so that I can listen to Bob Harris and not a pale blue imitation, and the Duke towel handed out last home game, ready to dry the river of tears coming from the unlearned masses in the upperdecks (all three of them remaining at the end of the game.)

The tickets are still in the Duke ticket office envelope, to separate the rest of my bag's contents from the light blue ink. My seat cushion is in the car, ready to insulate my backside from the heat rising to roast mutton as the evil ones descend to the place of eternal damnation.

Ima Facultiwyfe
11-06-2009, 11:25 PM
They're putting up a brave front here on the dump tonight. Here in Heelville they're standing together in groups in order to hold each other up, lest their knees give out entirely. They look pretty shaky. Their usual big, dumb and happy grins have turned into those little lopsided kind that sort of turn up at one end and many can't keep their little eyebrows from going up.:o They just sort of stand around and whine. The guy they put in charge of holding onto the bell is quivering so badly that the clapper keeps banging on the sides. I saw one big crybaby today sucking his thumb and hanging onto that big stinky sheep of theirs like a security blanket.

Yep, you gotta hand it to 'em, bless their hearts. Going to Hell sure is Hell.
Love, Ima

ricks68
11-07-2009, 12:04 AM
The whole city of Houston says: "Go to Hell Carolina!"

ricks

YourLandlord
11-07-2009, 12:23 AM
http://carolinasucks.com/images/gotohellcarolinateenavy.jpg

http://images.cbssports.com/images/fantasy/facebook/cbssports/groups/logos/19/50/194650_1.jpg

http://carolinasucks.com/images/carolinasucksteered.jpg

http://images.cafepress.com/image/17912427_400x400.jpg

DukeCO2009
11-07-2009, 02:18 AM
As a wise man named DMX once said, "it's dark and hell is hot".

I can only assume that he meant his album title to be understood as written from the perspective of a chapel hill fan seeing a more Durham-friendly shade of blue and falling into the scorching abyss.

GTHC!

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-07-2009, 02:56 AM
As a wise man named DMX once said, "it's dark and hell is hot".

I can only assume that he meant his album title to be understood as written from the perspective of a chapel hill fan seeing a more Durham-friendly shade of blue and falling into the scorching abyss.

GTHC!

hahahaaha Earl Simmons is no wise man. Good album though.

devildeac
11-07-2009, 08:17 AM
The Weather Channel is on site at the dump on the hump with a current temp of a chilly 34. It promises to be much, MUCH hotter when the mutton gets seared as the afternoon and evening progress as the 'holes are sent straight to the fiery gates.

airowe
11-07-2009, 09:48 AM
I just took the carton of eggs out to throw them in the frying pan and one by one they started popping and sizzling right there on my counter. Of course, I'm in Durham and 3:30 is still a ways away, so I ended up with 12 perfect sunny side ups ready to be devoured.

Good thing I'm not 8.9 miles down the road as Top 'o the Hill is serving warm soft drinks and hot beers.

WRAL is reporting multiple accidents on Franklin St as all the rear-view mirrors in the cars have melted off and tires are providing no traction whatsoever.

The laughing you hear is not from the Heels, its of the Devil, welcoming his children back to the pits of abomination. Good Riddance!

9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f9f

GTHC,GTH.

Rogue
11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
gthc gth 9f9f 9f

OZZIE4DUKE
11-07-2009, 10:39 AM
The time is near! The excitement is palpable! The cooler is full and I'm ready to head up to Raleigh to join Devildeac in a trek over to what will soon be Hell! The temp is warming rapidly, even this far east, as it will be hot as Hell this afternoon and evening in chapel hill! Beautiful weather for cooking ram chops!

And yes, I will be wearing my 9F shirt to the game. :cool:

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

(repeat ad nauseum!)
9F, baby, 9F!

devildeac
11-07-2009, 10:44 AM
The time is near! The excitement is palpable! The cooler is full and I'm ready to head up to Raleigh to join Devildeac in a trek over to what will soon be Hell! The temp is warming rapidly, even this far east, as it will be hot as Hell this afternoon and evening in chapel hill! Beautiful weather for cooking ram chops!

And yes, I will be wearing my 9F shirt to the game. :cool:

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

Go To Hell carolina,
Go To Hell!

(repeat ad nauseum!)
9F, baby, 9F!

And DitBD, her band of rogues, TNTDevil, CB&B, Mrs. DD and I "got your back." And that's NOT just crazietalk...

peloton
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Le Peloton will be in attendance with one of my young bucks. We will be sitting with DBR regular KillerLeft...why do they call him 'KillerLeft' (and should we be sitting next to him? :) ) Go Duke!!! Home field advantage or not, you're the better team...now go out and grab the bull...uh, sheep by the horns and prove it! As one Robert Zimmerman would say, "...the times they are a' changin'."

Poincaré
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
GO TO HELL CAROLINA! GO TO HELL!

That is all. Please carry on...