PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson last night

trinity92
10-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Ty had a heck of a first game last night vs. Utah: 17 points on 7-13 shooting, 6 assists and 1 turnover in 26 minutes of play off the bench.

What really surprised me was seeing him and Billups playing together with Chauncey playing off the ball while Ty brought it up. Ty is dribbling a lot but penetrating at will.

I was gonna say "it's easier to enjoy his play when he's not wearing that ugly shade of blue," but the Nuggets' unis are disconcertingly similar in hue to carolina's. At least he's not doing it to us.

CameronBornAndBred
10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Congrats to Ty, glad you left.

chrisheery
10-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Congrats to Ty, glad you left.

Wish he would have had this success sooner (in the NBA).

airowe
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Who cares? This is Our House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vohmLU7Fc1Y&feature=PlayList&p=872DFABAB18F2B7E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1)

elvis14
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Who cares? This is Our House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vohmLU7Fc1Y&feature=PlayList&p=872DFABAB18F2B7E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1)

Mods, is there a way to get this post moved to IC?

It was annoying how every time TL did ANYTHING the announcers were falling all over themselves to tell us how great he was and that he was from UNC. The media loves them some UNC. I don't and there are way too many UNC posts on this forum of late.

DukieBoy
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Good for Ty. Was more impressed by Melo's dunk tho

dukelifer
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Ty had a heck of a first game last night vs. Utah: 17 points on 7-13 shooting, 6 assists and 1 turnover in 26 minutes of play off the bench.

What really surprised me was seeing him and Billups playing together with Chauncey playing off the ball while Ty brought it up. Ty is dribbling a lot but penetrating at will.

I was gonna say "it's easier to enjoy his play when he's not wearing that ugly shade of blue," but the Nuggets' unis are disconcertingly similar in hue to carolina's. At least he's not doing it to us.

Lawson's problems have always been endurance and focus and he is injury prone. The NBA is a LONG season. No question he has talent- whether he can maintain his focus til June is another question.

juise
10-30-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm watching the hometown team play Lawson's Nuggets tonight. The announcers quoted Lawson comparing the NBA and college games. He said (closely paraphrased)"college is like basic math and the NBA is like calculus." Lawson mentioning "basic math" in the context of his college experience was tough for me. Urge to be a smug Dukie... rising... rising... ;)

Having said that, Ty is getting a lot of PT in crunch time. He blew by someone in transition and had one of those barely contested lay-ups that we saw so many times over the last 4 years. I'm really impressed by his transition to the League thus far.

natedog4ever
10-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Enough

FireOgilvie
10-30-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm watching the hometown team play Lawson's Nuggets tonight. The announcers quoted Lawson comparing the NBA and college games. He said (closely paraphrased)"college is like basic math and the NBA is like calculus." Lawson mentioning "basic math" in the context of his college experience was tough for me. Urge to be a smug Dukie... rising... rising... ;)

Having said that, Ty is getting a lot of PT in crunch time. He blew by someone in transition and had one of those barely contested lay-ups that we saw so many times over the last 4 years. I'm really impressed by his transition to the League thus far.

He was getting killed on defense though. They took him out when they needed defense down the stretch. He was -10 on +/-, the lowest Nuggets player by far. I used to like the Nuggets, but I have a hard time rooting for them these days with Karl, Lawson, and Crimelo Anthony.

juise
10-30-2009, 02:02 AM
He was getting killed on defense though. They took him out when they needed defense down the stretch. He was -10 on +/-, the lowest Nuggets player by far. I used to like the Nuggets, but I have a hard time rooting for them these days with Karl, Lawson, and Crimelo Anthony.

This is true. His height was a real liability on D. I was trying really hard to say something nice. :)

Melo was a bit much tonight. I don't watch the NBA that much, but as good as he was, his attitude was quite irritating.

quickgtp
10-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Ty had a solid night but only had 1 assist to 0 TO's. His defense is suspect and probably will be because he is smaller than the guys he is defending.

I do not think a majority of UNC fans have any clue how bad losing him will hurt. Actually, many heel fans I know act as if Drew will step right in and take over where Ty left off.

Duke79UNLV77
10-30-2009, 08:50 AM
"TyLawson3

Yeah..yeah...all the teams that ain't pick me....I'm going at they neck...no homo...."

Do he and Larry Johnson have the same writer?

Lawson is a terrific player who could have helped us make the Final Four ... and he repeatedly says and does things that make me glad he didn't go to Duke.

jv001
10-30-2009, 09:31 AM
"TyLawson3

Yeah..yeah...all the teams that ain't pick me....I'm going at they neck...no homo...."

Do he and Larry Johnson have the same writer?

Lawson is a terrific player who could have helped us make the Final Four ... and he repeatedly says and does things that make me glad he didn't go to Duke.

Could lawson have stayed eligible(academics)? Maybe with basic math? Go Duke!