PDA

View Full Version : First ever tie atop the ACC preseason standings

AlaskanAssassin
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102509aab.html

CameronBornAndBred
10-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I say we win the tie since we have 25 FP votes to unc's 20. In fact because of that, I argue that it is a tie at all.

sandinmyshoes
10-25-2009, 08:28 PM
If we got five more votes than UNC, I wonder how low some of these people had us ranked to allow UNC to tie us in the overall voting?

Even with the uneven scheduling we have an experienced team and should be the best team in the conference out of the gate. After that I guess it will depend on how the newcomers to the league, including our own, develop.

JBDuke
10-25-2009, 09:38 PM
If we got five more votes than UNC, I wonder how low some of these people had us ranked to allow UNC to tie us in the overall voting?

Even with the uneven scheduling we have an experienced team and should be the best team in the conference out of the gate. After that I guess it will depend on how the newcomers to the league, including our own, develop.

Another oddity - who in their right mind would leave Singler off the first-team All-ACC? But 5 of the 48 voters apparently did, as he only got 43 Preseason All-ACC votes.

Sheesh. Someone ought to examine the ballots of these clowns and revoke their right to participate.

Qwerty
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Most likely:
Duke: 25 1st place votes, 15 second place, 8 third place
UNC: 20 1st place votes, 25 second place, 3 third place

I'm just surprised there were people who didn't vote for Singler, Vasquez or Booker to be on the first team...

-bdbd
10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Another oddity - who in their right mind would leave Singler off the first-team All-ACC? But 5 of the 48 voters apparently did, as he only got 43 Preseason All-ACC votes.

Sheesh. Someone ought to examine the ballots of these clowns and revoke their right to participate.

Probably the same 5 chapel hill school school of journalism grads who voted Duke 3rd or lower in order to bolster UNC up into a tie with us, Same ole, same ole on Tobacco Road gang... Probably some of the same reporters who were tar-and-feathering an innocent group of lacrosse players a couple years back.

-bdbd :p

Edouble
10-26-2009, 01:32 AM

Most likely, I would venture to guess, someone(s) who:

A) does not believe that his transition to becoming a full time perimeter player will be a smooth one.

or

B) chose to cast a first team vote for Jon Scheyer and didn't want to put two players from the same school on their All-ACC first team.