PDA

View Full Version : DukeBluePlanet Video

bigj4194
10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
A message from Elton Brand and DukeBluePlanet via twitter

http://twitvid.com/304DF - An NBA All-Star and Duke National Player of the Year sends a reminder who we are rooting for...

Welcome2DaSlopes
10-25-2009, 12:55 AM
That was short and simple.

Cameron
10-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Haha reminds me of Conan's old "24" spoofs on Late Night.

I can't believe the season is here, though. Let's Go Devils!

El_Diablo
10-25-2009, 11:33 AM
There are similar clips of Battier and Boozer as well. They were showing these during timeouts at C2C and the Pfeiffer game.

UrinalCake
10-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Nice to see Elton cheering on his old team. My understanding was that when he left he received some pretty negative reactions from the Duke fans, and I've always wondered if he harbors any resentment towards the program. He doesn't seem to show up at the alumni events as much as some of the other guys.

chrisheery
10-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice to see Elton cheering on his old team. My understanding was that when he left he received some pretty negative reactions from the Duke fans, and I've always wondered if he harbors any resentment towards the program. He doesn't seem to show up at the alumni events as much as some of the other guys.

Really? Where did you hear that? I still love Elton, as does every single person I know. He's our first true NBA superstar from Duke. (Except for Grant, but injuries kinda derailed the greatness he should have had)

jesus_hurley
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Really? Where did you hear that? I still love Elton, as does every single person I know. He's our first true NBA superstar from Duke. (Except for Grant, but injuries kinda derailed the greatness he should have had)

This: http://www.aseaofblue.com/story/2007/6/7/102426/5876

Take it with a grain of salt though - I've never seen it linked anywhere but on sites visited by non-Duke fans

sagegrouse
10-26-2009, 12:39 PM

The only time I ever met Elton was at the 2001 Final Four, while we were waiting for the champs to return to the hotel. He was obviously happy to be there.

sagegrouse

chrisheery
10-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Take it with a grain of salt though - I've never seen it linked anywhere but on sites visited by non-Duke fans

Man, that kinda sucks. I do think he was overstating things just to kinda "win the argument" and get her off his back. I was in Elton's class, but I only interacted with him a few times. Of those times, he always seemed to be happy and having a good time in the Duke setting. I also remember hearing that he and Corey Maggette stuck up for Duke when then teammate Lonny Baxter (Clippers) was talking some smack. So, I think that email, while it makes him seem like he hates Duke, might have been overstated to make the person on the other end feel small.

By the way, if I ever meet Jennifer Taylor, I will give her a peice of my mind. Elton was totally awesome and was part of the greatest college basketball team I have ever seen. Still can't beleive they lost that championship game. They should have won by 20. I wish we could have seen UConn play Duke 10 times. Duke would have won 9/10 easily.

Qwerty
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
In the Elton episode of "Cribs", the host gives him some UNC gear as a joke... but Brand gets the last laugh as you can clearly see all the UNC stuff in his fireplace as the show ends.

UrinalCake
10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, that was the exchange I was referring to. Hopefully this was an isolated thing, as clearly it does not represent the sentiment of the majority of Duke fans.

ChicagoCrazy84
10-26-2009, 01:12 PM
To this day, Elton Brand says their loss in 1999 in the Finals was the hardest loss he has ever taken and still thinks about it. He enjoyed his time at Duke, or at least his time on the team.

The Gordog
10-26-2009, 01:26 PM

Oh come on. That's clearly fake.

SupaDave
10-26-2009, 01:58 PM

As soon as you see the shape of the state you should know something is fishy...

flyingdutchdevil
10-26-2009, 02:10 PM

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Brand confirmed that he did indeed write those emails...

Read that somewhere but don't remember where...

Greg_Newton
10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Brand confirmed that he did indeed write those emails...

Read that somewhere but don't remember where...

Well, it says in that link that Brand confirmed the emails. But I couldn't find any other source doing so, and apparently no major news sources covered the story at all (from a google news archive search).

Seems like he would have denied it if it wasn't true though. Kind of strange.