PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Photo

Jim3k
10-20-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/gallery-whitehouseoct12.jpg.

Reggie wiping out the WH staff on his own. 'Course it looks like he's 20 years younger than most of the guys on the court. :) Taken from TPM's site (http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/).

brianl
10-20-2009, 02:54 PM
It's a wonder that the WH allowed this shot to get out.

I think Pres. Obama needs to get down the court.

Way to hustle Mr. President!!

Indoor66
10-20-2009, 02:57 PM
It's a wonder that the WH allowed this shot to get out.

I think Pres. Obama needs to get down the court.

Way to hustle Mr. President!!

That was my thought as well. Maybe it's the cigarettes.

SupaDave
10-20-2009, 03:12 PM
It appears they are playing 4 on 4 and obviously Reggie is on the POTUS' team...

brianl
10-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Maybe they're playing a man to man defense and Obama's guarding the old dude.

He's just sticking with his man in case there's a long pass on the inbounds after the make.

Richard Berg
10-20-2009, 04:09 PM
4 on 4 is a rough game -- feels too tight when played halfcourt, but invites lots of sloppiness when run full. Cherry picking isn't uncommon unless everyone is taking the game super seriously.

DukeUsul
10-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Dude's the most powerful man in the world. He can cherry pick if he wants to.

(The PPB-o-meter on this thread has now slid up to 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Keep it below 5 or the thread gets shut down. :-) )

Lord Ash
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I think The President was just so preoccupied with thinking about health care reform that he didn't realize the play had gone back up court!

(4.5)

;)

BD80
10-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Dude's the most powerful man in the world. He can cherry pick if he wants to.

(The PPB-o-meter on this thread has now slid up to 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Keep it below 5 or the thread gets shut down. :-) )

So equating the picture of the POTUS cherry-picking and the Nobel Prize would be WRONG! :D

Welcome2DaSlopes
10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
This is sad. If obama wasn't down court he wasn't down court calm down. I agree 4 on 4 is complex.

LetItBD08
10-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Do you think when they do it at the White House court it's called cherry blossom picking?

Indoor66
10-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Do you think when they do it at the White House court it's called cherry blossom picking?

Always in Washington, DC.

superdave
10-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Reggie Love's signed picture getting his shot blocked by Obama has been on Drudge, front and center, all day. He's probably shaking his head every time he sees it.

quickgtp
10-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Reggie Love's signed picture getting his shot blocked by Obama has been on Drudge, front and center, all day. He's probably shaking his head every time he sees it.

LOL, I saw that as well. I wonder how many times they had to do that to get the "perfect" shot?

gotoguy
10-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Use the left hand, Reggie...

CameronBlue
10-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice shoes.

Edouble
10-21-2009, 03:13 AM
This is a messed up picture. Seriously?!?!? Is he actually going for a lay-up? Please don't tell me that a 28-29 year old former 2 sport DI athlete couldn't beat those sorry looking old dudes down the court for an uncontested dunk.

flyingdutchdevil
10-21-2009, 03:24 AM
Nice shoes.

Nike sponsors the White House :rolleyes:

Jarhead
10-21-2009, 12:00 PM
This is a messed up picture. Seriously?!?!? Is he actually going for a lay-up? Please don't tell me that a 28-29 year old former 2 sport DI athlete couldn't beat those sorry looking old dudes down the court for an uncontested dunk.

Well, you know how it is dunking on one of those backyard boards. Somebody has to nail it back up.

JG Nothing
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/gallery-whitehouseoct12.jpg.

Reggie wiping out the WH staff on his own. 'Course it looks like he's 20 years younger than most of the guys on the court. :) Taken from TPM's site (http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/).

Does Obama ever wear shorts? I cannot recall seeing him play basketball in anything other than warmup/sweat pants. Is there something unpresidential about showing a little leg on the court?

Also, why does the White House not sell sponsorship on the basketball attire people wear in Obama's pickup games? It could be used to pay down the deficit and fund healthcare. I've got other good ideas. Rahm, send me an IM.

Edouble
10-21-2009, 01:09 PM
The Presidential Seal should be at center court. That would be cool.

flyingdutchdevil
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Where are they playing? Is there a court in the white house? Did obama build one by abusing his powers? If I were president, I would definitely do that...

dyedwab
10-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Where are they playing? Is there a court in the white house? Did obama build one by abusing his powers? If I were president, I would definitely do that...

According to an interview on the Today show this week with the head White House Groundskeeper, the turned the White House tennis courts into a basketball court.

El_Diablo
10-21-2009, 04:04 PM
According to an interview on the Today show this week with the head White House Groundskeeper, the turned the White House tennis courts into a basketball court.

I thought it had been around longer, and that it had just been a little neglected...

El_Diablo
10-21-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/grounds/basketball-court.htm

Yeah, it was first installed in 1991.

It looks like it was only a half-court at the time though. I guess President Obama had the tennis court removed to expand it to full-court...? Or maybe it's a different court. I can't tell.

Edouble
10-21-2009, 07:04 PM
I thought it had been around longer, and that it had just been a little neglected...

Yeah, I heard that in an interview with Obama too... that the court was a little grown over.

CameronBlue
10-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I'd like to see K matched up against the O-Man on that court when the Devils accept the standing invitation that goes out to NCAA champs. Restore a little class to the once honored tradition. It's been tarnished recently.

gep
10-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I heard that in an interview with Obama too... that the court was a little grown over.

I also thought I heard that the basketball court was a place for "storage"... since no one used it...:rolleyes:

Atldukie79
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/grounds/basketball-court.htm

Yeah, it was first installed in 1991.

It looks like it was only a half-court at the time though. I guess President Obama had the tennis court removed to expand it to full-court...? Or maybe it's a different court. I can't tell.

I am thinking that the half court and the horseshoe pit were too close for safety. Imagine going in for a layup and landing on the post (see the last photo image) No doubt government regulations shut them down.