PDA

View Full Version : Kickoff times for Halloween

jimsumner
10-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Thursday, Oct. 29 (Previously Announced)

North Carolina at Virginia Tech, ESPN, 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 31

NC State at Florida State, RAYCOM, 12 noon

Coastal Carolina at Clemson, ESPN360.com, 1:30 p.m.

Central Michigan at Boston College, ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

Duke at Virginia, ESPN360.com, 3:30 p.m.

Miami at Wake Forest, ABC, 3:30 p.m.

Georgia Tech at Vanderbilt, CSS, 7:30 p.m.

CameronBornAndBred
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
A little surprised we get the ESPN360 game...that could be a game of importance.

jimsumner
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I agree that Duke-UVA would seem to trump Central Michigan-BC in the TV pecking order.

Apparently, the powers-that-be aren't impressed with recent wins by the Devils and 'Hoos.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
A little surprised we get the ESPN360 game...that could be a game of importance.

As long as we continue to get later kick off times, I'm happy no matter what the TV coverage is. It may take the entire season of greatly improved play to make widespread TV coverage feature Duke.

It does look like there may be some real trick or treats during the week featured in this thread.

CameronBornAndBred
10-19-2009, 03:02 PM
I agree that Duke-UVA would seem to trump Central Michigan-BC in the TV pecking order.

I would say it trumps FSU / NCSU. That's a game only fans of either team will watch...and even those folks might have better things to do.

Bluedog
10-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I would say it trumps FSU / NCSU. That's a game only fans of either team will watch...and even those folks might have better things to do.

For those of us that don't get ESPNU or Raycom, I'm glad Duke is lower on the TV pecking order this week, as I can actually watch! :D

jimsumner
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
At least FSU-NCSU is a conference game. Putting Central Michigan-BC on the tube is a head-scratcher.

CameronBornAndBred
10-19-2009, 03:21 PM
For those of us that don't get ESPNU or Raycom, I'm glad Duke is lower on the TV pecking order this week, as I can actually watch! :D
I'm the opposite, can't watch anything on 360. Grrrrrrrr.

PumpkinFunk
10-19-2009, 08:16 PM
At least FSU-NCSU is a conference game. Putting Central Michigan-BC on the tube is a head-scratcher.

Central Michigan is actually quite a good MAC team with a QB's who's a lock to be drafted in the late-rounds. I don't think that's a terrible game, but I imagine our game will be better and has more national draw, so I'm surprised about that choice.

MADevil30
10-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Central Michigan is actually quite a good MAC team with a QB's who's a lock to be drafted in the late-rounds. I don't think that's a terrible game, but I imagine our game will be better and has more national draw, so I'm surprised about that choice.

Central received 39 votes in the AP Poll this week and 34 in the coaches poll. Thats 39 and 34 more than Duke and UVA have combined. Bc also got a few votes in each poll. When you factor in that ESPN will want to get Central on TV a few times during the regular season because they will most likely be televising their bowl game, I understand why that choice was made. I'm just thankful we'll be able to watch the Devils take down the Cavs, TV or online

brianl
10-20-2009, 03:28 PM
I live about 30 minutes from C-Ville and make the trek each week down to Durham. For those of you who are interested in a nice drive come on up. Attendance at UVA has been in the pits for the last few weeks. There will be plenty of tickets for us to make some noise and show our growing support for the program.