PDA

View Full Version : It looks like Midnight Madness got a little crazy last night...

NovaScotian
10-17-2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/as_per_midnight_madness

from the onion.

Son of Mojo
10-17-2009, 04:29 PM
*fist held up* By any means necessary!!! I guess Friday and Streebeck didn't get there in time to save the kid..........:p

BD80
10-17-2009, 04:55 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/as_per_midnight_madness

from the onion.

Good God, the sorry state of reporting these days!

Washburn was a visiting high school senior, who responded to an ad for a sacrificial ram as a prop for the team to dunk over during warm-ups.

Washburn was wearing the goat mask (painted baby blue) that his tar heel family had passed down from generation to generation and used in mating rituals (called family reunions).

Coach K jokingly referred to Washburn as "the one most high" when getting a whiff of the Mad Dog and Everclear mixture on Washburn's breath.

The alleged "massacre" was merely the reaction of knowledgeable basketball fans who, upon seeing the height, skill and athleticism displayed by the Blue Devils, commented that the heels would be "slaughtered," "dismembered." and "disemboweled." Of course, it was widely accepted that the heels had no heart.

Washburn was found this morning in his usual doorway on Franklin Street, but his family was more concerned about the goat mask. They have another reunion tomorrow and they are low on paper bags.

One can only imagine the report from the Onion after we sweep the heels, leaving them sobbing and ashamed.

El_Diablo
10-17-2009, 04:58 PM
From my seat, it looked like K got him in the neck (not the chest) with that first cut...

dukelifer
10-17-2009, 05:46 PM
From my seat, it looked like K got him in the neck (not the chest) with that first cut...

I think he was called for an illegal pick on that blow- I think he ended up with the chest shot at the buzzer.

AtlBluRew
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Here, IMO, was the most telling quote from Coach K:

"And we pass the still-beating heart amongst the starting five so they can devour it as one. "

Clearly, he's settled on the starting five and I'd like to know who they are! ;)

micah75
10-17-2009, 08:45 PM

"And we pass the still-beating heart amongst the starting five so they can devour it as one. "

Clearly, he's settled on the starting five and I'd like to know who they are! ;)

I'd like to think I know who they are. But I'm not going to make any rash predictions. Let me just say that it is my strong belief that with K's starting 5, we will average approximately 87 ppg and give up 72, give or take.

Sorry... cannot and will not divulge my inside sources.

Edouble
10-17-2009, 09:35 PM

Did Lance get to eat some? He's supposed to be the 6th starter. :confused:

grossbus
10-17-2009, 09:38 PM
excellent stuff!!!

man, i'm ready.

weezie
10-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Blue satin cape, where do I get mine?!

BD80
10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Our alleged sacrifice was human.

At Georgetown, the Porcelain God was slaughtered!

http://blog.georgetownvoice.com/2009/10/17/more-information-and-photos-from-tonights-midnight-madness-shooting/

El_Diablo
10-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Our alleged sacrifice was human.

At Georgetown, the Porcelain God was slaughtered!

http://blog.georgetownvoice.com/2009/10/17/more-information-and-photos-from-tonights-midnight-madness-shooting/

Looks like SOMEONE just ate at the 'Dillo for the first time... :rolleyes:

miramar
10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
I just hope that before the sacrifice Coach K removed the rosary that he carries in his front pocket during games. It just wouldn't have been appropriate under the circumstances. Or would it? All the stuff the nuns told me has become a bit fuzzy at this point so I'm not quite sure.

Kim*
10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Following the ritualistic killing, Duke players ran layup drills.
Hahahha, I love it.

flyingdutchdevil
10-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Hahahha, I love it.

I think the writer mistook layup drills with a dunk contest.

*Sigh* - these journalists need to get their facts right ;)