PDA

View Full Version : Hansbrough Saves Dog

Fish80
10-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Did you see the AT&T commercial? Handsbro sends a picture of a lost dog to all his friends and then he gives the dog back to a very happy little girl. Cute commercial, and TH looks less ugly than usual. ;)

cspan37421
10-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I felt the opposite way - first time I saw it, I didn't realize that old Hans was in the commercial. I just thought, who is that gargoyle looking guy and how did he break into commercials? Second time, I suspect it was T-shuffle, third time, I noticed the color of his shirt.

COYS
10-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I considered canceling my contract with AT&T and switching to Verizon.

statik73
10-10-2009, 10:07 AM
As soon as another carrier gets the iphone I'm switching, not specifically because of this commercial, but it doesn't help their case.

El_Diablo
10-10-2009, 10:25 AM
At least AT&T was smart enough to not give him any speaking lines.

airowe
10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I wish I could take credit for this, but its from a TDD poster named RobertBrickey from their thread on this commercial:

"I don't know. I'm actually thinking about picking up the service. With AT&T's new spokesman, I feel confident in being able to get calls no matter where I go."

Acymetric
10-10-2009, 11:06 AM
At least AT&T was smart enough to not give him any speaking lines.

Ha, exactly. My guess is that he had lines in the beginning, but the decision was made to drop them after a few days of failed takes.

DBFAN
10-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I wish I could take credit for this, but its from a TDD poster named RobertBrickey from their thread on this commercial:

"I don't know. I'm actually thinking about picking up the service. With AT&T's new spokesman, I feel confident in being able to get calls no matter where I go."

LMAO, it took me a sec to get it, but that is the quote of the day, I may have to put this on my FB page for my status.

Kimist
10-10-2009, 11:11 AM

Actually, it would be more accurate to add: "...and with no charges!"

k

moonpie23
10-10-2009, 11:17 AM
i wish i had the check he got for doing them...

NSDukeFan
10-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Actually, it would be more accurate to add: "...and with no charges!"

k

I believe you can travel with that plan.

RelativeWays
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
The plan sounds like a flop to me.

concrete
10-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't know if the puppy was happy to see the girl or happy to get away from Hans

Son of Mojo
10-10-2009, 04:38 PM
What amazed me is they had time to stop him from shooting FT's long enough to film the commercial. Professor Honeydew needs to go back to the drawing board......

duketaylor
10-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Hans reminds me of Neidermeyer from Animal House.

mgtr
10-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Hans reminds me of Neidermeyer from Animal House.

Now that is the post of the day!

brevity
10-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I was wondering when someone would get around to posting about this.

Congratulations to Tyler Hansbrough for being the first rookie (of this draft class) to get a national commercial. I would not have guessed it would be him. Makes me wonder: do these things need to be planned months in advance, and for NCAA eligibility reasons, do companies set their eyes on the seniors first?

Anyway, it's a nice ad. When I first saw it, I couldn't help but notice that Tyler doesn't actually find the dog. It's a team effort, but he takes individual credit at the end for the win.

hc5duke
10-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't know if the puppy was happy to see the girl or happy to get away from Hans

hasbro stole the dog in the first place. probably to give it to doherty.

BD80
10-11-2009, 10:00 AM

doherty thought it was a carolina cheerleader

4decadedukie
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
doherty thought it was a carolina cheerleader

Now, that IS funny!
:D

HaveFunExpectToWin
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEInSyTHcpc

Wait, so why is Hanblahblah in this? I don't get it.

Also, I haven't seen this in the DC DMA, it may just be the Charlotte and RDU markets.

Also, also - is that Duke Chapel with the arches as the 4 bars?

hurleyfor3
10-12-2009, 02:32 PM
It's on Chicago teevee, and I know I've seen it other places in the past few weeks. In the last three weeks I've been in the Philly, Denver, Colorado Springs, Albuquerque and Idaho Falls teevee markets... I think we can count this one as national. :)

Interesting to note that the dog runs away from Hansbloblo as fast as it can, and that the girl only cares about the dog, not giving a crap about who saved it for her.

Newton_14
10-12-2009, 10:30 PM

yeah but Doherty learned that this certain breed of dog would turn on it's on kind so he ditched it as fast as he could..

bigj4194
10-13-2009, 02:28 PM
It's on Chicago teevee, and I know I've seen it other places in the past few weeks. In the last three weeks I've been in the Philly, Denver, Colorado Springs, Albuquerque and Idaho Falls teevee markets... I think we can count this one as national. :)

It's on in Minneapolis and San Francisco. Definitely national

DukieInKansas
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
It's on in Minneapolis and San Francisco. Definitely national

Unfortunately, it is on in the metropolitan Kansas City, MO area. Isn't it bad enough that we have to suffer with the chefs again this football season. Must they foist this obnoxious commercial on us also? Insult to injury!

nvr1983
10-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Actually this commercial has been out for almost a month. The first time that I saw it was during the Miami-Georgia Tech Thursday night game in September.

We actually did a post about it at the time including a small note about a younger-looking version of Andy Katz at the 0:11 mark.

Link = http://rushthecourt.net/2009/09/17/what-psycho-ts-doing-these-days/

brian2007
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM

Especially when I'm traveling...

HCheek37
10-15-2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHavISSX1xI&feature=related

talk about an ego

dukeimac
10-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Am I the only one having fun with this commercial.

Hans got a national TV commercial before Roy did. Now that is funny!

ROF LMAO BMG Dam Gumit...

hc5duke
10-15-2009, 06:57 PM

commercials are for amateurs. roy's already got his own syndicated show (http://www.amazon.com/Huckleberry-Hound-Show-Vol/dp/B000AOEMU0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/618A7WhVO4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Hancock 4 Duke
10-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Wait, which one is the dog? :p

kong123
10-16-2009, 08:16 AM

I guess the Rock Band commercial wasn't national?

AtlBluRew
10-16-2009, 07:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHavISSX1xI&feature=related

talk about an ego

Thanks for posting that. After seeing the AT&T commercial several times before realizing it was, in fact, TH, I wondered why they hired him only to give him zero lines and zero identification, save for the small UNC insignia on the shirt. Only an ACC fan would be sure to know who he is. They could have hired a no-name actor much cheaper, I am sure. I wondered if he sounds really stupid when he speaks, like a male Nancy Kerrigan. He doesn't. I'm puzzled why AT&T didn't identify him better.

dukeimac
10-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I guess the Rock Band commercial wasn't national?

Sure but that was "his" commercial.

billy
10-16-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEInSyTHcpc
Also, also - is that Duke Chapel with the arches as the 4 bars?

Nope, that's my church (Chapel of the Cross) on Franklin Street - does that mean I go to church in hell?

El_Diablo
10-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Anyone going as Hansbrough for Halloween?

http://www.giftmonger.com/acatalog/adult_goofyglasses2.jpg

superdave
10-30-2009, 09:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Hansbrough
Happy 24th birthday, Tyler!

Tom B.
10-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I wondered why they hired him only to give him zero lines and zero identification, save for the small UNC insignia on the shirt.

I don't think it's even a UNC insignia -- just a generic "basketball" logo on a shirt that happens to be Carolina blue. They probably couldn't use the real UNC insignia for trademark reasons.

It took me about three viewings to realize it was Hansbrough. The first time I missed it completely. The second time I was like, "Hmm, that guy kind of looks like Hansbrough." The third time I thought, "Hey, I think that is Hansbrough." (Pause, rewind Tivo.) "Yep, that's him."