PDA

View Full Version : Actress Jane Adams story

tommy
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
So here's a story I just read about the other day (not sure when it actually happened, but I think it was recently) about Jane Adams, female lead of the new HBO series "Hung" and former cast member of Frasier and a couple of other popular shows:

She goes into this swanky restaurant in Beverly Hills named Barney Greengrass, for lunch. Orders a bowl of soup and something to drink. She finishes, and the bill comes. It's for $13.44.

She tells the waiter, "Oh my God, I forgot my wallet in my car." Waiter tells her that of course she can go down and get her wallet. No problem. She proceeds to get in her car, start the engine, and drive away.

The restaurant gets hold of "her people" who come over and pay the bill. One problem: no tip. Waiter gets stiffed.

The waiter proceeds to start "tweeting" about both the initial incident and the subsequent lack of tip. This is not uncommon for him, as he tweets semi-regularly about other celebrities who come into the restaurant, without it being an issue.

About a month later, Adams shows up unannounced in the restaurant, takes 3bucks out, slaps them down on a table and walks out. The waiter says something like "you didn't have to do that." Adams says something back like, "well, now that you've been tweeting about it . . .!"

The restaurant subsequently fires the waiter. Fires him!

This story is ripe with ethical, legal, and perhaps most importantly, comic possibilities. Anyone wish to take a shot?

weezie
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah, Jane Adams is a colossal cheapskate! A $3 dollar tip?! Obviously, she's way too full of herself.
Too bad her show might tank, she's the weakest link in the story line.
What goes around comes around...

YourLandlord
10-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Jane Adams is a colossal cheapskate! A $3 dollar tip?! Obviously, she's way too full of herself.
Too bad her show might tank, she's the weakest link in the story line.
What goes around comes around...

I agree, she is terrible.

Plus, they should get a better-looking girl to play that role, I hate watching her.
:cool:

hc5duke
10-12-2009, 12:58 AM
If I were the waiter, I probably would have tweeted the deets, in today's parlance.
If I were the owner of the restaurant, I probably would have fired him just the same. I don't want someone like me working at my establishment.
If I were the actress... well I don't even know what my reaction would be, since I would never do something like this.

weezie
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
If I were the actress... well I don't even know what my reaction would be, since I would never do something like this.

If you were the actress you'd be cuter than she is! ;)

Jim3k
10-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah, Jane Adams is a colossal cheapskate! A $3 dollar tip?!

Wait...that's a 20% tip. Perfectly reasonable. Assuming she's wealthy and should be spreading her wealth around is an assumption I don't think we should make.

None of this, of course, keeps her from being deemed an -------, but her tipping level is not evidence of much of anything. Walking out without paying? That's what we should be complaining about.

As for the waiter's behavior? I agree with hc5 -- it should get you fired.