PDA

View Full Version : Naismith Award nominees

NSDukeFan
10-09-2009, 08:54 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/luke_winn/10/08/naismith/index.html?eref=sihp

I thought this was a good article and it gives him a chance to appease more people by starting with 69 and discussing his rationale for cutting people. It makes me feel much better for him at least including Scheyer in the discussion than if I saw his list and Jon wasn't included. Not that where anyone is in pre-season lists is nearly as important as how they perform during the year.

Pool One: The most obvious upperclassmen (8/69)

Cole Aldrich, Kansas
Craig Brackins, Iowa State
Sherron Collins, Kansas
Luke Harangody, Notre Dame
Kalin Lucas, Michigan State
Patrick Patterson, Kentucky
Scottie Reynolds, Villanova
Kyle Singler, Duke
The Second-Tier Establishment comprises the stars who face longer odds. They are as follows:

James Anderson, Oklahoma State
Talor Battle, Penn State
Matt Bouldin, Gonzaga
Denis Clemente, Kansas State
Devan Downey, South Carolina
Jerome Dyson, Connecticut
Corey Fisher, Villanova
Lazar Hayward, Marquette
JaJuan Johnson, Purdue
Jerome Jordan, Tulsa
Tasmin Mitchell, LSU
E'Twaun Moore, Purdue
Raymar Morgan, Michigan State
A.J. Ogilvy, Vanderbilt
Tajuan Porter, Oregon
Stanley Robinson, UConn
Rakim Sanders, Boston College
Jon Scheyer, Duke
DeShawn Sims, Michigan
Deon Thompson, North Carolina
J.T. Tiller, Missouri
Greivis Vasquez, Maryland
Deonta Vaughn, Cincinnati
Michael Washington, Arkansas
Nic Wise, Arizona
Chris Wright, Dayton

SilkyJ
10-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Huh. Interesting that at the top of the browser it says "Cole Aldrich, Kyle Singler among frontrunners" and then there is not a mention of Kyle anywhere else other than to include his name in the list...

To be honest, I think he has a shot at POY, but its a WAY outside shot. I'd be surprised if he finished in the top 3 for voting. He's just not going to put up 20+ppg unless his outside shooting comes up several % points this year. Nonetheless, I expect his bball IQ and many intangibles to be a big part of our success (Texas anyone?) and could care less (as I'm sure he could) whether he is a 1st team AA or 2nd team AA as long as our team enjoys success throughout the year.

I think that twitch I just felt is my first real bit of excitement for this year :D