PDA

View Full Version : Fun stuff...

Madrasdukie
10-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Here's a nice alternative to thinking about Barnes and Irving:

http://www.countdowntocraziness.com/

Bluedog
10-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow, nice compilation of videos there to make yourself feel pretty good. I like it! The Shot, Doc's buzzer beater, miracle minute, Banks forces OT in '81, Laettner buzzer beater vs. UConn, etc. And voting on the best ones. Awesome! Wow, the shot only got 68% as best buzzer beater of past 30 years. Miracle minute got 60% of best comeback. Hurley/Laettner take the dyanamic duo vote with 61% as of now....Good stuff.

airowe
10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
I loved seeing those videos. I can't believe J. Will/Battier has less votes than Reddick, Williams for most Dynamic Duo. (I voted for Hurley/Laettner so I guess I can't say much)

Great reminiscing. Thanks for posting Madras.

Lord Ash
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM
BIZARRE that Jason and Shane are that low down... I consider Shane the #1(A) Dukie ever, and Jason was such an insane talent...

Fun to watch though.

Madrasdukie
10-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I loved seeing those videos. I can't believe J. Will/Battier has less votes than Reddick, Williams for most Dynamic Duo. (I voted for Hurley/Laettner so I guess I can't say much)

Great reminiscing. Thanks for posting Madras.

I concur, and like you I voted for Hurley and Laettner. One can only imagine, what if Shane and Jason had a third year together.

Kimist
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I think to a certain extent the votes are related to the players you actually saw in action.

So as not to cloud the votes, consider this query:

If you were voting for a single player only, where would somebody like Johnny Dawkins fit in? Having actually seen him play, he would have to be in serious contention. But many current (younger) Duke fans only know he used to sit beside Coach K and has his jersey retired.

To a lesser degree, the same goes for Danny Ferry or Mike Gminski and even Grant Hill. To really muck up the rules, what if some of the players from the 60's (Bubas years) were also in the running?

This takes nothing away from the likes of Battier and Williams and Redick of Duke-dom, but they do have some pretty serious competitors looking over their shoulders.

But the web site is nice, and I thoroughly enjoyed the video highlights....especially those "sweat-inducing moments" from a certain Maryland game!:)

k

juise
10-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I also loved the site. I hate to admit that some of those highlights still get me choked up. Thanks for sharing the link.

I thought that it was interesting that the link to Nike.com at the bottom came before the link to the University site.

Bob Green
10-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I think to a certain extent the votes are related to the players you actually saw in action.

I guess I'm old as I watched all the players you listed including many during the Bubas era. However, for full disclosure, during the Bubas era, I was a youngster watching on a black & white TV with rabbit ears.

uh_no
10-09-2009, 03:07 AM
chronicle mentioned something about suprise coaches for the scrimmage....

kobe + lebron anyone?????

heifer
10-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Can't believe that Duke/UNC '95 and the chaos following Capel's near half-court shot to send it to OT wasn't an option. I was present for each of the 3 choices except the '81 UNC game and while chaotic, none of them compared to the scene after Jeff hit bottoms.

Kimist
10-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Can't believe that Duke/UNC '95 and the chaos following Capel's near half-court shot to send it to OT wasn't an option. I was present for each of the 3 choices except the '81 UNC game and while chaotic, none of them compared to the scene after Jeff hit bottoms.

The "Gene Banks" game and the "Fred Lind" game both reassured me of the structural integrity of the Duke/Cameron Indoor stadium.

Had Jeff C's shot won the game, things might have been even louder.

k