PDA

View Full Version : Might Paul Johnson been a better choice?

NYC Duke Fan
09-26-2009, 05:36 PM
First off, let me be explicitly clear, this is in no way, shape, or form meant to be a criticism of Coach Cutliff. It is just posing a question.

I believe that Johnson was interviewed years ago before he took the Navy job and was not hired. He has done wonders everywhere he goes.

Do you think that he might have been a better hire than Coach Cutliff or was the team so lacking in really good talent that even Bill Parcells would need 3-5 years to fix the program ?

Duvall
09-26-2009, 05:50 PM
First off, let me be explicitly clear, this is in no way, shape, or form meant to be a criticism of Coach Cutliff. It is just posing a question.

I believe that Johnson was interviewed years ago before he took the Navy job and was not hired. He has done wonders everywhere he goes.

Do you think that he might have been a better hire than Coach Cutliff or was the team so lacking in really good talent that even Bill Parcells would need 3-5 years to fix the program ?

Does it matter? It was Johnson's choice, not Duke's.

Bluedog
09-26-2009, 05:53 PM

Duke wanted Johnson. It seemed pretty clear that he was the #1 choice. Johnson chose GT over Duke.