PDA

View Full Version : The Bull City Football Fest

SupaDave
09-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Dubbed "The Bull City Football Fest," a pep rally for Saturday's Duke-N.C. Central football game will be held tonight at Durham Athletic Ballpark from 5:30 to 11. The free event is scheduled to include live music, local artists and performances by groups from both schools. Coaches and players from both teams will be on hand for the pep rally portion of the event, which is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m.

This is just so awesome to me. As a good friend of Billy Granville I've heard this convo on more than a few occasions (especially when the Eagles were tearing up DII) but never have these two played each other. Talk about a big game. From a Durham native this is just incredible to see. Considering the last few years, it's almost worth tears for me.

NCCU knows it will be tough...
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/story/113997.html

I've got to find a way to watch this game...

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-24-2009, 10:15 AM
This is just so awesome to me. As a good friend of Billy Granville I've heard this convo on more than a few occasions (especially when the Eagles were tearing up DII) but never have these two played each other. Talk about a big game. From a Durham native this is just incredible to see. Considering the last few years, it's almost worth tears for me.

NCCU knows it will be tough...
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/story/113997.html

I've got to find a way to watch this game...

If you decide to make your way up I-85 for Saturday's game, let me know. The 1989 Duke team will be honored that evening including the coach. Other special events are planned.......

airowe
09-24-2009, 10:30 AM
If you decide to make your way up I-85 for Saturday's game, let me know. The 1989 Duke team will be honored that evening including the coach. Other special events are planned.......

Yep, last years ACC Men's Basketball Championship team will be honored at halftime. Do we know if Syracuse has a bye week?

Edit: no, they don't. Too bad for GP. I wonder if G/McClure/Marty will be in attendance?

CameronBornAndBred
09-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Yep, last years ACC Men's Basketball Championship team will be honored at halftime. Do we know if Syracuse has a bye week?

Edit: no, they don't. Too bad for GP. I wonder if G/McClure/Marty will be in attendance?
I know they are honoring the 1989 ACC championship football team...are they doing basketball too?

airowe
09-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I know they are honoring the 1989 ACC championship football team...are they doing basketball too?

According to Dave Bradley of Duke Blue Planet, they are working on a video tribute to play on the new scoreboard at halftime. He's got some cool pictures on his Twitter of all Duke's ACC championship trophies in a row on the floor of the practice facility. When I get to my computer I'll post them here.

Even though Carolina players received a ring for their "ACC Championship" at halftime of the Citadel football game along with their NC rings, the real champions will get their rings on Saturday.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-24-2009, 11:51 AM
According to Dave Bradley of Duke Blue Planet, they are working on a video tribute to play on the new scoreboard at halftime. He's got some cool pictures on his Twitter of all Duke's ACC championship trophies in a row on the floor of the practice facility. When I get to my computer I'll post them here.

Even though Carolina players received a ring for their "ACC Championship" at halftime of the Citadel football game along with their NC rings, the real champions will get their rings on Saturday.

A lot attention is going to be focused on the 1989 football championship team because Steve Spurrier will be there, too. South Carolina plays tonight making it possible for him to attend Saturday's game at Duke.

airowe
09-24-2009, 11:59 AM
That's pretty cool too. Who were the big players on that team? Dilweg? Clarkston Hines?

Back to the OP, the Bull City Football Fest should be cool. Good to see Duke and Central "uniting the city" as I've read. I'm going to try and be there as I only live a few miles away and its free to Durham residents. Not to mention, Only Burger will be there serving up some great patties. Yum.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-24-2009, 12:06 PM
That's pretty cool too. Who were the big players on that team? Dilweg? Clarkston Hines?

Back to the OP, the Bull City Football Fest should be cool. Good to see Duke and Central "uniting the city" as I've read. I'm going to try and be there as I only live a few miles away and its free to Durham residents. Not to mention, Only Burger will be there serving up some great patties. Yum.

Go to goduke.com and click on this week's edition of GoDuke Weekly Edition for an article about the team. There's also this little article about that team and their season. http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204800678

airowe
09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/or17om.jpg

Sorry it's so big. And I guess it was in Cameron, not the practice facility...