PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos 4/22

ChrisP
04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Interesting episode. It seems to me that the producers/creators are laying out several possible scenarios for how Tony might go down. First, you've got the obvious - a blood feud with the NY-led Phil Leotardo gang. Second, a possible taking-down by the feds on any number of charges. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they ended up "getting" Tony via some link to terrorism. After all, I think it's true that they eventually got Capone for the relatively innocuous charge of tax evasion. I'm not saying or implying that helping terrorists is small-time, just that it seems only tangentially related to "regular" mob business.

And now, with last night's story, it seemed to me that Chase, et al might be trying to work a newly coherent Uncle Junior back into the mix. On a side note, in light of the awful events of last week at VTech, was anyone else weirded out by Junior's new rage-filled Asian friend? It was difficult for me to watch his scenes - especially the ones after he went off on his Mom where it became obvious the guy was unstable. Anyway, I'm sure others will have more insightful analysis - I just enjoy watching sometimes without trying to figure out exactly where things are headed.

greybeard
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
For what it's worth, my take:

Phil, I think, played made a "lose" move by taking out the cappo, and he all but knows it. The game really had passed him by, and then, in one last gasp of the mutant rage that is beneath all of them, he makes one last futile move. but, no one in his gang will feel safe; he will go, and I am betting that the son of the former boss emerges.

Tony somehow survives but Jr and Paulie and Sal are all gone, as is "this thing" of theirs, at least as it once was. Now, Tony is surrounded by the likes of Bobbie and Chris, and the kid in New York, who no more resemble the old "thing" then Chris's movie does the Godfather. In the end, all that stands is a bunch of guys who kill, not just because its only business, but also because they are animals. What we liked about Tony and the boys can no longer save the venality that is the mob.

Lord Ash
04-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I for one was VERY glad to see Junior back on the show; I really enjoy him as a character and as an actor. You aren't the only one to have thought of VT, btw; my fiancee said the same thing the moment she saw him. Good scenes, tho.

I think Paulie is definately done for. I think Sil will make it.

Phil L; no way, he is a dead man. I suppose it is time to go to the mattresses tho for the NY crew.

I gotta say, at some points I do lose track of who is who or what they have done; there is a LOT there.

jimbonelson
04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
what happens to tonys son