PDA

View Full Version : MBB Team Picture Posted!

airowe
09-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Our Boys:

http://twitgoo.com/3gfeu

ricks68
09-21-2009, 11:52 PM
That's it??? I like the beard on Zoubs. Other than that, and aside from the obvious "tallness", why so plain? Anyone have the scoop on this? Watzone?:confused:

ricks

Duvall
09-21-2009, 11:54 PM
That's it??? I like the beard on Zoubs. Other than that, and aside from the obvious "tallness", why so plain? Anyone have the scoop on this? Watzone?:confused:

ricks

Isn't the team picture always plain? I mean, sometimes it's outside, but it's always this kind of portrait. Are you thinking of the team poster?

Greg_Newton
09-22-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty sure the width of Scheyer's neck has doubled since last season..

ricks68
09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Whoops! I was thinking of the team poster. In spite of my stupid mistake, I still like the beard on Zoubs.:D

ricks

ChicagoCrazy84
09-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Is it just me, or does Zoubs look like a beast? Him and Miles look like they've been hitting the weights.

ACCBBallFan
09-22-2009, 01:52 AM
They probably wanted the captains seated next to each other, but you know your team is big when the 6'8" guy has to sit with the short guys.

Makes Casey Peters look bigger than he is seated between Nolan and Seth.

They mystery guy from the Alumni camp out picture that was pretty big does not seem to be in this picture.

gep
09-22-2009, 03:23 AM
I thought Coach K (or "Duke") didn't "allow" facial hair, long hair, etc on the basketball players. I recall Josh having long hair in high school, crew cut at Duke, and long hair again in the NBA. Made me think he played better with long hair?:rolleyes: Anyway, maybe this is only my observation of "hair" styles at Duke:confused:

Also, I recall a story of Jason Williams (I think it was him) asking Coach K if he could get a tatoo...:rolleyes: But I think Carlos had tatoos?

flyingdutchdevil
09-22-2009, 03:27 AM
I think Lance looks the most transformed. The guy is huge! He has definitely been hitting the weights. Can't wait to see what he produces. I really think that he and Nolan are the keys to the season

Lord Ash
09-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Is Lance slouching, or is Jon sitting up?

And yeah, Zoubs looks HUGE.

DukeUsul
09-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I thought Coach K (or "Duke") didn't "allow" facial hair, long hair, etc on the basketball players. I recall Josh having long hair in high school, crew cut at Duke, and long hair again in the NBA. Made me think he played better with long hair?:rolleyes: Anyway, maybe this is only my observation of "hair" styles at Duke:confused:

Also, I recall a story of Jason Williams (I think it was him) asking Coach K if he could get a tatoo...:rolleyes: But I think Carlos had tatoos?

I can't recall seeing facial hair. But many of our guys have had tattoos. Much of the current team does.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Those guys on the back row in suits are REALLY tall! :eek: Can we play them too? Aren't most of the managers undergards? :D:rolleyes:

Indoor66
09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Those guys on the back row in suits are REALLY tall! :eek: Can we play them too? Aren't most of the managers undergards? :D:rolleyes:

They don't get to play - no Uniforms!!!!!!:D

toughbuff1
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
http://employeecomedy.typepad.com/wishgranted.jpg

I thought Grant had a moustache, at least for part of his Duke career.

Duke4Ever32
09-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Can someone post a copy of the picture itself (not a link to the picture) in a post on this thread, if it isn't too big?? I'm trying to see the pic, but keep getting "access denied" notices from my web browser at work when I click on the links here. Thanks!

DukeUsul
09-22-2009, 11:31 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/xf1e6b.jpg

DukeUsul
09-22-2009, 11:32 AM
If that doesn't work I can upload it as an attachment.

JaMarcus Russell
09-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know who all the people are in the back (besides Chris Carrawell, of course)?

Also, I don't think a lot of the guys on the team have tattoos, but that's just kind of by chance. The only guy I know who has one for sure is Nolan Smith. In the past, I know that Dockery, Jay Williams, and Ewing had very visible tattoos, but they had them before they came to Duke. Henderson and Redick had some as well though they weren't as visible.

Maybe there's a rule about visible tattoos once a player has enrolled at Duke? That might explain why Dahntay Jones and Cherokee Parks both got a bunch after graduation:D

DukeVol
09-22-2009, 01:07 PM
DukeUsul,

The picture post did not work....at least not for me. My work web browser also blocks any of those Twitter picture pages. No joy for me....

JaMarcus Russell
09-22-2009, 01:11 PM
It worked for me, but that's because I don't have any restrictions on my computer.

DukeUsul
09-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I had to shrink it to a smaller size to get past the upload limits.

HaveFunExpectToWin
09-22-2009, 01:36 PM
'Brian Zoubek's Beard' would make an excellent band name.

airowe
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know who all the people are in the back (besides Chris Carrawell, of course)?

Also, I don't think a lot of the guys on the team have tattoos, but that's just kind of by chance. The only guy I know who has one for sure is Nolan Smith. In the past, I know that Dockery, Jay Williams, and Ewing had very visible tattoos, but they had them before they came to Duke. Henderson and Redick had some as well though they weren't as visible.

Maybe there's a rule about visible tattoos once a player has enrolled at Duke? That might explain why Dahntay Jones and Cherokee Parks both got a bunch after graduation:D

Student Managers, I believe.

airowe
09-22-2009, 01:44 PM
'Brian Zoubek's Beard' would make an excellent band name.

Someone was calling him Zoubeard on another site today...

RelativeWays
09-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Someone was calling him Zoubeard on another site today...

Zoubeard, lol. Andre looks really young compared to everyone else, even Ryan and Mason.

Mr Blue Devil
09-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Next time I start a new Rock Band on the Xbox I am naming it "Brian Zoubek's Beard"!

Love it!!!

Duke4Ever32
09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the pic, DukeUsul...the last one came through loud and clear. Looks good!

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM

I don't think the student managers are in the photo at all. There are about ten including men and women who are managers.

The back row includes some guys who've been with the program for awhile in various capacities.

Kim*
09-22-2009, 06:03 PM
They probably wanted the captains seated next to each other, but you know your team is big when the 6'8" guy has to sit with the short guys.

Makes Casey Peters look bigger than he is seated between Nolan and Seth.

They mystery guy from the Alumni camp out picture that was pretty big does not seem to be in this picture.
Oh yeah, I'm still curious to know who that was.

Kim*
09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
These are the current managers:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2myzw4.jpg

(Sorry that these pictures are ginormous.)

ricks68
09-23-2009, 01:04 AM
I think Coach K looks remarkably young and refreshed in this picture.

ricks

kinghoops
09-23-2009, 02:30 PM
sure wish number 3 could play this year!!!

hurleyfor3
09-24-2009, 10:51 AM
We need seven managers? What for? That's one for every two players!