PDA

View Full Version : Basketball kick-off festivities

jimsumner
09-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Mark your calendars

Specifics on what looks like a most interesting weekend.

Friday, October 16:

The Men抯 Basketball Blue-White Scrimmage originally scheduled for Saturday, October 17 has been rescheduled for Friday, October 16 with festivities beginning at 5:30 p.m.

The 2009 Blue-White Scrimmage is part of the day抯 Countdown to Craziness, presented by the United States Army ROTC. Festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. in Krzyzewskiville with live music, games and face painting. The doors to Cameron Indoor Stadium open at 6:30 p.m. with the next hour and half filled with exciting new videos and performances by the Duke University Improv and the Dancing Devils.

The 2009-10 Duke Blue Devils will take the floor at 8:00 p.m. and the annual Blue-White scrimmage will tip at 8:15 p.m. Following the 20-minute scrimmage, the Blue Devils will show off their high-flying aerial talents with a dunk contest to close out the evening in Cameron.

Saturday, October 17:

Open House for Men抯 and Women抯 Basketball on Saturday, October, 17:

路 Two-hour autograph session beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Cameron Indoor Stadium Hall of Honor

o 10 a.m. - Men' Basketball autographs

o 12 p.m. - Women's Basketball autographs

路 1 p.m. - Men's Basketball Open Practice

路 TBA - Women's Basketball Open Practice

Both events on Saturday are free and open to the public!

airowe
09-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Mark your calendars

Specifics on what looks like a most interesting weekend.

Friday, October 16:

The Men抯 Basketball Blue-White Scrimmage originally scheduled for Saturday, October 17 has been rescheduled for Friday, October 16 with festivities beginning at 5:30 p.m.

The 2009 Blue-White Scrimmage is part of the day抯 Countdown to Craziness, presented by the United States Army ROTC. Festivities begin at 5:30 p.m. in Krzyzewskiville with live music, games and face painting. The doors to Cameron Indoor Stadium open at 6:30 p.m. with the next hour and half filled with exciting new videos and performances by the Duke University Improv and the Dancing Devils.

The 2009-10 Duke Blue Devils will take the floor at 8:00 p.m. and the annual Blue-White scrimmage will tip at 8:15 p.m. Following the 20-minute scrimmage, the Blue Devils will show off their high-flying aerial talents with a dunk contest to close out the evening in Cameron.

Saturday, October 17:

Open House for Men抯 and Women抯 Basketball on Saturday, October, 17:

路 Two-hour autograph session beginning at 10:00 a.m. in the Cameron Indoor Stadium Hall of Honor

o 10 a.m. - Men' Basketball autographs

o 12 p.m. - Women's Basketball autographs

路 1 p.m. - Men's Basketball Open Practice

路 TBA - Women's Basketball Open Practice

Both events on Saturday are free and open to the public!

See you there! I love the idea of a two-day event. Has this been done recently?

CameronBornAndBred
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Following the 20-minute scrimmage, the Blue Devils will show off their high-flying aerial talents with a dunk contest to close out the evening in Cameron.

Hopefully they will broadcast it online, I want to witness Zoubek's high flying talents.:rolleyes:

airowe
09-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Hopefully they will broadcast it online, I want to witness Zoubek's high flying talents.:rolleyes:

My money is on Mason over Olek in the Finals.

Fish80
09-18-2009, 01:06 PM

Dude, that's just cold.

The game is bigger than just acrobatics. And Zoub's game has grown by leaps and bounds! :D

jesus_hurley
09-18-2009, 01:11 PM
My money is on Mason over Olek in the Finals.

Casey Peters might make some noise as well

Olympic Fan
09-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Be nice to any strangers you see wandering around, especially a slender guy, who stands about 6-foot-6 or 7 and might be hanging around current players or staffers.

There may be other 2011 and 2012 prospects (good chance Quincy Miller will drive over for the scrimmage) on hand, but Harrison Barnes will be making his official visit that weekend. I imagine that Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston will also be on hand.

So be friendly ... be enthusiastic (easy to do). I think it would mean a lot if we fill the place on a Friday night for the opening scrimmage!

jimsumner
09-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Isn't Barnes making his official visit the following weekend, for the Pfeiffer game?

airowe
09-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Isn't Barnes making his official visit the following weekend, for the Pfeiffer game?

That is true. It was originally scheduled for the 16th, but was moved.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Duke's changing the B/W schedule from Saturday to Friday night really screws up my previous plans for Friday night. This was not necessary. :(:(:(:(

BD80
09-18-2009, 06:00 PM

The Engineering School has been working on a ramp for a week now!

Coach K quashed the request to dig a landing pit. Alternatives to be presented next week.

devildeac
09-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Duke's changing the B/W schedule from Saturday to Friday night really screws up my previous plans for Friday night. This was not necessary. :(:(:(

You can go to Tyler's Taproom before the game and have your steak on Saturday night.;)

meloveduke
09-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Now can you get into the b/w game? If it is a ticket how do you get them? I really want to go but I don't know why I need to do.

airowe
09-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Now can you get into the b/w game? If it is a ticket how do you get them? I really want to go but I don't know why I need to do.

I want to know this too. Are there tix out there?

OZZIE4DUKE
09-19-2009, 10:54 PM
You can go to Tyler's Taproom before the game and have your steak on Saturday night.;)
I'm supposed to be in Banner Elk on Friday night watching my son-in-law's HS band play at their football game. I was foregoing my usual Friday night routing already.

ricks68
09-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Oz,

If you stop in at Fred's, say hello for me.

ricks

devildeac
09-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm supposed to be in Banner Elk on Friday night watching my son-in-law's HS band play at their football game. I was foregoing my usual Friday night routing already.

That IS a bummer.:(

shoutingncu
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Sorry for the origin of the link (know thy enemy), but I hadn't seen this posted. Have they televised these before? I certainly know I've seen Ol' Roy rapping on youtube, but don't recall seeing it on ESPN.

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2009/10/08/espnu-to-air-kentuckys-madness/

airowe
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204805114

El_Diablo
10-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Sorry for the origin of the link (know thy enemy), but I hadn't seen this posted. Have they televised these before? I certainly know I've seen Ol' Roy rapping on youtube, but don't recall seeing it on ESPN.

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2009/10/08/espnu-to-air-kentuckys-madness/

Not sure...but they used to be later (to actually start practice at midnight), so maybe the time change in the rules has something to do with it.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing Jason Williams on hand for ESPN. And whoever our "surprise coaches" are for the Blue/White game...any guesses?

duketaylor
10-11-2009, 11:44 AM
There'll be another visitor on campus for the weekend, about 6-2, so please welcome him and expect....

RelativeWays
10-11-2009, 12:08 PM
I got tix for this, goduke still had some available. I'm excited.

airowe
10-11-2009, 01:46 PM
There'll be another visitor on campus for the weekend, about 6-2, so please welcome him and expect....

Who's that duketaylor?

devildeac
10-11-2009, 02:08 PM

You are such a tease, dt.;)

BlueintheFace
10-11-2009, 06:17 PM

There will be a surprise guest, but are you sure about 6'2"?? That doesn't sound right. Maybe my height perception is off...

Newton_14
10-11-2009, 09:35 PM
There will be a surprise guest, but are you sure about 6'2"?? That doesn't sound right. Maybe my height perception is off...

I thought it was more like 6'3"......

Got my ticket last week, can't wait for Friday to get here!

Go Duke!

El_Diablo
10-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Are you talking about Tyler Thornton? He is 6'2" and will be at C2C...

crimsonandblue
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Not sure...but they used to be later (to actually start practice at midnight), so maybe the time change in the rules has something to do with it.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing Jason Williams on hand for ESPN. And whoever our "surprise coaches" are for the Blue/White game...any guesses?

ESPN has covered these in fits and spurts, off and on for probably fifteen years or so. I'd assume the change to permit earlier start times than midnight and the proliferation of the ESPN family of networks makes it more likely these will be broadcast in the future. But, on occasion, ESPN would throw these things up even when the practices had late starts.

Bluedevil114
10-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Be nice to any strangers you see wandering around, especially a slender guy, who stands about 6-foot-6 or 7 and might be hanging around current players or staffers.

There may be other 2011 and 2012 prospects (good chance Quincy Miller will drive over for the scrimmage) on hand, but Harrison Barnes will be making his official visit that weekend. I imagine that Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston will also be on hand.

So be friendly ... be enthusiastic (easy to do). I think it would mean a lot if we fill the place on a Friday night for the opening scrimmage!

Quincy will be with Kyrie this weekend at Kentucky Midnight Madness. Hopefully he will hang more with Kyrie and less with John Wall.