PDA

View Full Version : Will Seth Curry play in the Blue/White game?

trinity92
09-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Not sure of the rules and don't remember what occurred the years Dahntay or Roshown (what is it with our past transfers' parents' spelling ability) sat out.

Olympic Fan
09-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Curry absolutely will be eligible to play in the Blue-White game. But it will be your one chance to see him this year ... transfers cannot play in the exhibition games.

Both McLeod and Jones did play in the Blue-White game during their transfer years. Such games are nothing more than practice scrimmages in the NCAA's eyes -- there's actually no limit on the number you can play.

Just an example, Jordan Davidson played in last year's game (and played well), but it had no impact on his redshirt year.

So turn out Oct. 16 to get your one and only public look at Seth Curry this season.

whereinthehellami
09-17-2009, 01:14 PM
This should be a fun Blue/White game and season for Duke. They are going to be a different team this year. The freshmen are going to have huge impacts on this season, hopefully for the better.

devilboomer
09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Not sure of the rules and don't remember what occurred the years Dahntay or Roshown (what is it with our past transfers' parents' spelling ability) sat out.

How would you suggest spelling "Dahntay" or "Roshown?"

Just because something doesn't sound Anglo-Saxon doesn't mean it's wrong.

InSpades
09-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I remember watching Roshown play in the blue-white game his 1st year at Duke and thinking "he's probably the best player on the floor". It was kind of exciting and discouraging at the same time.

ChicagoCrazy84
09-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't know why, but when thinking of next year's squad, I always forget that Seth Curry will be a part of the team. I wish I could see him play in the Blue/White game.

juise
09-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I definitely remember watching Dahntay play during my freshman year Blue-White game. He was doing some spectacular stuff in warm-ups.

miramar
09-17-2009, 04:17 PM
has said that the Blue-White is his game and he can do what he wants, not to mention that I think it will be good for Curry and for the Crazies to have him play.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I remember watching Roshown play in the blue-white game his 1st year at Duke and thinking "he's probably the best player on the floor". It was kind of exciting and discouraging at the same time.
I remember thinking exactly the same things.

BD80
09-17-2009, 07:15 PM
It will also be good for any recruits that stop by for the game to see who they would be playing with next year and beyond. Having a teammate with that kind of range tends to open up the court a tad.

Lord Ash
09-18-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't know why, but when thinking of next year's squad, I always forget that Seth Curry will be a part of the team. I wish I could see him play in the Blue/White game.

I never forget; he is going to be sick, and people really should not forget... a Curry is coming to Duke:)

BTW... imagine if we get Irving and Barnes, AND Kyle were to stick around?

Dawkins, Nolan, Thornton, Irving, Curry...

Kyle, Harrison, Ryan, Hairston, and hordes of Plumlees

Holy cow... how many Duke teams have had that kind of talent? 1991, 1992, 2001...?

:)

Welcome2DaSlopes
09-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I understand 91 and 92 won NC but i would say the only other duke teams with that much talent would be 99 and 01.

duketaylor
09-18-2009, 11:12 PM
He's already said no to IU and visits Duke next weekend. Take that as you will. Austin Rivers is on campus this weekend, hint, hint. Harrison Barnes wants to play with Irving, take that how you wish. GGLC, hopefully before long.

BD80
09-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I never forget; he is going to be sick, and people really should not forget... a Curry is coming to Duke:)

Holy cow... how many Duke teams have had that kind of talent? 1991, 1992, 2001...?

We'd also see a lot of Olek dunking in the second half.

Golly that's a good team.

airowe
09-18-2009, 11:43 PM

And one extra scholarship, just hanging out there.

ACCBBallFan
09-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Lots of ways to mix and match as long as Kyle and Jon are on different teams, though coach K does not always go for parity:

Scheyer / Smith
Dawkins/Curry
Thomas/Singler
Kelly/Mason
Zoubek/Miles

Even with returnees versus newbies

Scheyer - Curry
Smith - Dawkins
Singler - Kelly (may guard Lance)
Thomas - Mason (may guard Kyle)
Zoubek-Miles

ChicagoCrazy84
09-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I can't wait for Seth to play next year. When he adds some more muscle to his frame, he will be a deadly player. I read an article on him and some haters were saying he isn't going to do anything and he's no savior to the program. I was thinking "Who has ever said he is the savior to the program?" He will be a great addition and will add some very valuable depth and scoring punch. He may not be an All ACC player, but he will be one of the first guys off the bench and more than likely a starter his senior or even his junior year. Can't wait!

Bob Green
09-19-2009, 07:19 PM
He may not be an All ACC player, but he will be one of the first guys off the bench and more than likely a starter his senior or even his junior year. Can't wait!

Wow! I believe you are underestimating Seth Curry's potential. He averaged 20.2 points per game at Liberty as a freshman. Against ACC competition, he scored 26 points @ Virginia and 24 points @ Clemson. He scored 30 or more points in four games.

Playing for USA U19 Gold Medal winning team this summer, Seth averaged nine points per game and shot 39.6 percent from behind the 3-point line (19-48).

Seth Curry is an All ACC quality player and will compete for a starting spot as a sophomore.

ACCBBallFan
09-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Read on one of the other Duke boards someone saying about a month ago, Mark Watzone on his BDN site said Curry could not play. Not sure why that would be the case, unless rules have changed as Dahntay played in Blue-White years ago.

Olympic Fan
09-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Hard to guess about lineups. A year ago, Coach K started his projected starting lineup against the second team ... then switched several players at halftime.

Of course, that was after a week of practice. This one will be the first day of practice -- actually preceding the team's first real practice (which will be the open practice Saturday).

The only rule of thumb I can suggest is that if Singler and Scheyer areon the same team, that's the "starting" team in K's mind. If Singler and Scheyer are on opposing teams, that means that K wants to divide things evenly.

And unless Curry has an injury we don't know about, I can't imagine why he wouldn't play.

Wheat/"/"/"
09-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Just read Seth Curry's profile and Andre Dawkin's profile on the front page link.
Both look to be great guys and a fine addition to the Duke family.

But I have an observation...

When asked for their any three wishes to be granted by a genie, neither included the obvious choice...

#1...an unlimited supply of future wishes to be granted by said genie.

They had nice wishes, but they are now out of wishes.

Give me that genie.
I'd be rollin in the hay....kickin' up dust and partying like Wanye and Garth.

I guess they have an excuse, they just got to Duke and have not had the full impact of a Duke Edukateshun.

-jk
09-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Wheat,

You need to go back and watch Aladdin again! ;)

-jk

Wheat/"/"/"
09-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Wheat,

You need to go back and watch Aladdin again! ;)

-jk

Again? I hate to admit the obvious that I have missed it.

I'm guessing by your tone that my #1 wish would face the wrath of an NCAA sanction of Calipari proportions.

Now, I'm bummed. ;)

BD80
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
...Give me that genie.
I'd be rollin in the hay....kickin' up dust and partying like Wanye and Garth.

I guess they have an excuse, they just got to Duke and have not had the full impact of a Duke Edukateshun.

tar heels. It is spelled edumakashun. Sheesh.

Garth, well, in tar heel world that must be Garth Brooks. But he don't party much.

Wanye. He must be that rude redneck country singer that interupts award shows.

If you really want to Party On, take the Genie down to Stan Mikita's donut shop and wish for Tia Carrera (circa 1992)

zdn_peanut
01-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Anyone have an update on Seth and how he is practicing? Just wondering if he was tearing it up in practice like we all hope he is. Can you imagine having kyrie running point and spread dre and seth on the wings, wow.

OZZIE4DUKE
01-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Anyone have an update on Seth and how he is practicing? Just wondering if he was tearing it up in practice like we all hope he is. Can you imagine having kyrie running point and spread dre and seth on the wings, wow.
From what I heard one of the assistant coaches say a couple of weeks ago, he's doing great. As the lead guard on the Blue team, he presents an opponent similar to (or usually better than) what the team actually will play against in the ACC, rather than the talent level the walk-ons present, as much as we love the walk-ons and appreciate what they bring to the team.

Highlander
01-25-2010, 05:06 PM
From what I heard one of the assistant coaches say a couple of weeks ago, he's doing great. As the lead guard on the Blue team, he presents an opponent similar to (or usually better than) what the team actually will play against in the ACC, rather than the talent level the walk-ons present, as much as we love the walk-ons and appreciate what they bring to the team.

I hope it works out as well as Dahntay Jones sitting out in 2001. Having him to run at in practice was a huge intangible benefit that year.

Cameron
01-25-2010, 08:53 PM

Let's not forget the services of one Nolan Smith, who has developed into our best playmaker and most reliable scorer. He's been solid. I gave him some heat here earlier in the year when I thought a freezing out of Andre was happening, but that was me talking in the heat of the moment.

Next year, Nolan will be a NPOTY candidate in the preseason and have a serious shot to take the crown. He's going to be special.

As for this season, Nolan has been great and he is quickly playing himself into the ACC Player of the Year race. He's just about surpassed Jon in scoring at 18.3 points a game and has raised his assists per game to almost 4. Nolan also is shooting 50% from beyond the arc. Some pretty stout numbers.

If we can get Jon back on track and Kyle comfortable in the three spot, we would be unbeatable, even against Kentucky. There is no way anyone could beat us with the big three playing their games. Let's hope this happens. Until then, we're still a Sweet 16 team. But we have the potential to morph into something bigger.

Exiled_Devil
01-25-2010, 10:50 PM

In a radio interview today, Nolan credited Seth with helping him progress over the course of the season - Seth challenges Nolan to be a much better offensive player. That's exciting to me, as I was previously only anticipating Seth for his offense and not his defense.

soccerstud2210
01-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Let's not forget the services of one Nolan Smith, who has developed into our best playmaker and most reliable scorer. He's been solid. I gave him some heat here earlier in the year when I thought a freezing out of Andre was happening, but that was me talking in the heat of the moment.

Next year, Nolan will be a NPOTY candidate in the preseason and have a serious shot to take the crown. He's going to be special.

]

NS IS our best player. hands down. most consistent. most improved