RB Jay Hollingsworth (ankle) -- Questionable
DT Vince Oghobaase (leg) -- Questionable

WR Conner Vernon (ankle) -- Doubtful

RB Kyle Griswould (leg) -- OUT
CB Randez James (hand) -- OUT

S Anthony Young-Wiseman (knee) -- OUT FOR SEASON

CameronBornAndBred
09-17-2009, 01:01 PM
When did Oghobaase get injured? I saw Hollingsworth go down in the Army game, but I thought he came back in. My guess is we will see plenty of both Saturday.
Conner Vernon...that really sucks. He had a great game against Army and was a lot of fun to watch. Best wishes for speedy recoveries to all.

jimsumner
09-17-2009, 01:11 PM
At Tuesday's press conference, Cut made some oblique references to chop-blocking by Army and the DL being beaten up. But V.O. being questionable is more severe than I had suspected.

whereinthehellami
09-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Injuries are a problem for most teams as the season progresses but for teams like Duke (depth issues) they are brutal. Vince would be a huge loss in the middle of the defense.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Injuries are always disappointing, especially before challenging games.

What a disappointment that #3, Vince Oghobaase is injured. He's had quite a streak going for number of consecutive starts.

loran16
09-17-2009, 02:26 PM
If #3 is a no-go for Saturday, the game's over. While at the army game on Saturday, I was watching each time our D took the field that Vince was not on the field. And when he wasn't on there, their team was able to drive down the field (okay i think V.O wasn't on the field for the fumble either, but their late 2nd half drive that resulted in the missed FG was almost entirely without VO in the game).

And that was against a team that doesn't pass! Pass-rushing makes vince even more important, and his absence could reduce our shot at winning from 5% to 0.%.

wolfpackdevil
09-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Vince Oghabaase has one of the brightest futures in the NFL that any Duke player has ever had.

They will not risk his future for a couple extra tackles. If he is too hurt, then they will not play him.

CameronBornAndBred
09-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Vince Oghabaase has one of the brightest futures in the NFL that any Duke player has ever had.

They will not risk his future for a couple extra tackles. If he is too hurt, then they will not play him.
That's an interesting thought. I'm not sure if it's true, but even if it isn't the ethics are fascinating.