PDA

View Full Version : Coach K on Duke Army Telecast

SoCalDukeFan
09-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Coach K was interviewed during the Duke Army game.

When asked about the basketball team this year, he said he expected them to be "very good." He also said it would be one of his biggest teams.

It seems to me that most coaches downplay how good they will be and lower expectations. I take it as a real positive that Coach K expects us to be very good.

SoCal

CameronBornAndBred
09-14-2009, 04:39 PM
They screwed up his mike for a good bit of the interview, it would be nice to see an entire transcript.

DevilDan
09-16-2009, 04:05 AM
Yep, we picked up the Army-Duke game on tape delay here (CBS College Network), and I caught Coach K at halftime. As usual, total class all the way, as he talked as much or more about Army and Coach Knight than he did Duke.

If I were a player, I'd be JACKED to have heard what he said about the upcoming season. He is excited about the team and the new size up front. We are inside two months ... best thing about NCAA Football is that when it starts, you know that Hoops is right around the corner. I'm hearing more about KYLE getting tagged pre-season All-America. I look for 18-19 ppg and 7-8 boards (and a lot of other stats that will show he's one of the most versatile in the country) ... GO DUKE !