PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Leon Wright

jimsumner
09-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Named ACC Defensive back of the week.

"Comeback is the common theme shared between this week’s list of Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week as five of six honorees helped their teams to come-from-behind wins in the fourth quarter. Wake Forest senior signal caller Riley Skinner headlines the list after guiding Wake Forest to the seventh comeback victory of his career and a record-setting day, along with Duke senior cornerback Leon Wright, who scored two defensive touchdowns in a 16-second span to help Duke overcome Army.

Georgia Tech junior defensive end Derrick Morgan and junior kicker Scott Blair made the most of their ESPN Thursday night game by holding off Clemson, 30-27, in a primetime classic that saw Clemson freshman quarterback Kyle Parker have the best rookie performance of the week."

CameronBornAndBred
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Named ACC Defensive back of the week.

"Comeback is the common theme shared between this week’s list of Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Week as five of six honorees helped their teams to come-from-behind wins in the fourth quarter. Wake Forest senior signal caller Riley Skinner headlines the list after guiding Wake Forest to the seventh comeback victory of his career and a record-setting day, along with Duke senior cornerback Leon Wright, who scored two defensive touchdowns in a 16-second span to help Duke overcome Army.

Georgia Tech junior defensive end Derrick Morgan and junior kicker Scott Blair made the most of their ESPN Thursday night game by holding off Clemson, 30-27, in a primetime classic that saw Clemson freshman quarterback Kyle Parker have the best rookie performance of the week."
That's great news. While he did have the two INT's, he was a presence on the field even before those plays. The entire defensive unit looks great this year. They handled the triple option really well, and hopefully that will mean good things when the 'Wreck comes to town.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Great news to see Leon's efforts recognized in the conference.

6th Man
09-14-2009, 02:37 PM
The first pick he made and ran back was incredible. I like how he went and made the play. He just decided he was going to take the ball and score a TD. He did the thing he needed to do to win the ballgame. I think I posted before, it was refreshing to see Duke make a play and finish a game on the winning side. Too many times we have found the way to lose. Leon stepped up, and made the play(s) to win. Congratulations to him!

chrishoke
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Congrats Leon!

Leon also had a fumble recovery that he picked up and nearly ran back for a TD, being tackled by the only man standing in the way - and also had the best hit of the day on a 3rd down run.

OldPhiKap
09-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Way to go, Leon!!

Newton_14
09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
The first pick he made and ran back was incredible. I like how he went and made the play. He just decided he was going to take the ball and score a TD. He did the thing he needed to do to win the ballgame. I think I posted before, it was refreshing to see Duke make a play and finish a game on the winning side. Too many times we have found the way to lose. Leon stepped up, and made the play(s) to win. Congratulations to him!

Congrats to Leon! The thing about the first pick is that he did it one handed. There is a great pic in one of the linked articles that shows the Army kid seemingly making a two handed catch with Leon's right hand just above the ball. He snatched it right out of the guys hands using only his right hand and tucked it in heading for the house. That was an awesome play.

Great game for Leon who as others mention also had a fumble recovery and a total of 88 return yards on the 3 plays.

Go Leon and Go Duke!!!!!

El_Diablo
09-14-2009, 11:28 PM
70% of the earth is covered by water...

...the rest is covered by Leon Wright!