PDA

View Full Version : Schedule: Duke v. Patriot League Foe?

duke86
04-22-2007, 11:48 PM
So I know it is hard to speculate opponents for next year, but it seems the past two years K has hosted the champions of the Patriot League. Two years ago it was the Pat Flannery and the Bucknell Bison (who have won two first round NCAA games). Last year, it was the Ralph Willard's 'Saders from Holy Cross. Who do you think K will schedule this year, if at all. It seems like the PL have had some good contests for Duke, especially last year when the 'Saders really put up a good fight. Here are the top three prospects, in my opinion:

Bucknell Bisons: The best PL team, especially in terms of NCAA success, but will not be too strong next year. Always a contender for the PL banner!

Holy Cross Crusaders: Last year's PL Champion and the only PL team to win an NCAA Basketball Championship.

American University Eagles: Last year's biggest dark horse and the only team to almost beat HC at their quaint arena. New bunch of recruits makes it seem like this is another dark horse year.

Personally, beginning a West Coaster, I do not care who we play. BUT, my nephew goes to AU and I think it would be great to see Jeff Jones, head coach, play at Cameron. AU played Maryland and Virginia, and put up a good first half fight against UMD. Of course, it is always good to note, Jones was put into the Silver Anniversary Team for the NABC.

That is my thought...want to hear all of yours.

GO DUKE!

BlueDevilBaby
04-23-2007, 09:06 AM
I vote for Lafayette.:D Okay, for real, I think AU would be a good choice.

wilson
04-23-2007, 09:08 AM
A Jeff Jones visit to Cameron would be interesting indeed. He would afford his players some valuable experience there, as he played at UVA and then coached there for eight seasons, right before Pete Gillen.