PDA

View Full Version : DC Assault: Hairston and Thornton

whereinthehellami
09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
SIR. Here is a 9 part segment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8FtYgDPNH0) on the DC Assault, Josh Hairston and Tyler Thornton's AAU team. Tyler comes across like the consumate team player and there is a funny part in there where Josh floods a toilet in the hotel.

Welcome2DaSlopes
09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
HAHA great

airowe
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
HAHA great

Please read. :)

Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
Look, Julio is trying to tell y'all that we've gotten away from a standard level of discourse on the board(s). Let's have a little history lesson for those of you who may be new, or who maybe have forgotten how the boards used to work.

Up until a couple of years ago, the DBR bulletin boards operated on a system in which a post required verification codes. You wrote your post, you submitted it, and after it was reviewed, you recieved an e-mail with two codes... one identified your post, and the other was a password that allowed you post to "go live". In the e-mail, there was a link which you clicked on that took you to a screen where you entered these two codes and then saw your post one more time. You could then review your post. If you changed anything, you'd go through the whole process again. If you didn't need to change anything, your post could then be accepted, by you, and go live.

What did this accompish? Well, for one, it was a great waste of time to post something like "Man, I totally agree." I mean, really, who wants to go through all those steps to post 4 words. Additionally, it usually gave you a chance to think about what you were posting. Often, I found myself revising or even deleting posts because they weren't really adding anything to a thread... and why talk just to hear yourself talk?

So, as a general guidline, might I reccomend going forward that posters think about thier posts in this sort of historical context. Ask yourself, "Is this post worth posting? Am I posting just to see my opinion in print? Would I have gone through the trouble of getting this post published on the old board system?"

No one is trying to be elitist or snobbish, but the fact is that the "signal to noise" ratio on the board right now is out of control. There are so many posts in threads that people quit reading longer threads and just skip to the end and post their own thoughts... which 9 times out of 10 have already been covered... thus perpetuating the cycle. Yes, we understand everyone's need to vent after losses, and question what is going on, etc., but I think that the site owners would like it done in a constructive, intelligent, well-thought out manner.

We can all (and I am including myself) do better!

whereinthehellami
09-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Please read. :)

While I know this is part of the board rules I'd like to point out something I'm not sure is taken into account. The OP was a link to video series on two of our incoming recruits. There isn't going to be much discourse on a post like that depsite the hunch that I think a fair amount of Duke fans would find those videos interesting (and free). So in essense DukefanBrooklyn was bumping up the OP so more Duke fans would see it before it fell off the boards and into the depths of obscurity. So what I'm getting at is maybe, some discretion is needed with regards to the board rules especially in light of how few threads there are.

Welcome2DaSlopes
09-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Yes i was actually trying to move it up in the board because it is a great video and might be interesting to some Duke Fans but i didn't have that much to truly say about it. So Thank you for explaining.

speedevil2001
09-05-2009, 12:36 AM
thanks for the videos...tyler is a coach on the floor...he may even coach after his playing career is over..