PDA

View Full Version : Twice Captain Paulus

4decadedukie
08-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Today's main board's lead story indicates that Greg Paulus not only won Syracuse's starting QB job, but his teammates elected him as their captain (with, perhaps, a month on campus). We have all repeatedly seen Paulus' tenacity, character, leadership and brains demonstrated at Duke, but it is really wonderful to see it ratified at a new university, in a new sport, and in such an incredibly short time.

CameronCrazy'11
08-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Thrice actually, since he was a tri-captain in 2006-07. Great news for Paulus, wish him well!

moonpie23
08-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Today's main board's lead story indicates that Greg Paulus not only won Syracuse's starting QB job, but his teammates elected him as their captain (with, perhaps, a month on campus). We have all repeatedly seen Paulus' tenacity, character, leadership and brains demonstrated at Duke, but it is really wonderful to see it ratified at a new university, in a new sport, and in such an incredibly short time.

this not really a surprise ......greg is a natural leader...

ReformedAggie
08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Coach K has a way of developing character in his players - possibly one of the best reasons to send your son to play bb for him. Taking nothing away from Greg, just saying that as a mentor for young men I can think of no one better than K to bring out the best in them. Grats Greg, and good luck in the season, we'll be cheering for you.

CameronBornAndBred
08-30-2009, 10:33 AM
He needs to go into politics. :D
Congrats, Greg!

Devilsfan
08-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Boy, I still remember that pre-puberty voice yelling "ball Shel, pass me the ball". Congrats on your new role. Hope you have lots of success.

sue71, esq
08-30-2009, 11:43 AM
That is so awesome! I'm so happy for him... Congrats, Greg!

DukieInKansas
08-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Congratulations, Greg! Very impressive.