PDA

View Full Version : Which Game Would You Pick?

Rich
08-27-2009, 04:46 PM
I have a friend offering me a pair of tickets to ann ACC game in Cameron this season and it looks like I can choose between V.Tech (2/21), Maryland (2/13), G.Tech (2/4), and BC (1/13). Which game would you choose, taking into account the opponent, point in the season, TV coverage, and who the Crazies will be most hyped for?

Rich
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
My 300th post! That must be good luck!

rsvman
08-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I would go to the Maryland game.

CameronBornAndBred
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I would go to the Maryland game.
Ditto. Not sure how good they will be, but General Grievous will be there, and for his last visit.

rsvman
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Second choice would be Derrick Favors and Georgia Tech.

BlueintheFace
08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
MD for the crowd excitement, quality of team, and vasquez

JasonEvans
08-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I can understand the mystique of a Maryland game, traditionally an opponent that gets hyped for us and vice-versa...

...however, the most talented opponent on that list is Ga Tech and it ain't even close. Tech's front line will likely be one of the top 2 we face all season (you know who in baby blue is the other). I would not be at all surprised for that game with Ga Tech to feature a pair of teams ranked in the top 15 if not the top 10.

--Jason "Tech features 3 guys who are locks to be NBA first rounders and likely to be lottery picks... that is one talented club" Evans

ACCBBallFan
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
If you want a close game, this order:

522 ACC UNC - 1
496 ACC Duke -2
327 ACC Clemson -3
174 ACC Maryland -4
160 ACC Wake Forest -5
157 ACC Boston College -6
154 ACC GA Tech -7
112 ACC FSU -8
040 ACC Miami-Fl -19
029 ACC Va Tech -10
026 ACC NC St - 11
000 ACC UVA - 12

MD will be the hyped game, GA Tech the most talented but can't win on the road and BC returns the most experience.

Best duo is Delaney and Allen but VA Tech is not very deep.

The other 3 are really close in rankings, along with Wake vying for who places in top half of ACC versus one in third quadrant.

In all three cases they are second game of home and home. so you may have seen them before on TV versus VA Tech and Duke only play once this year.

Gary Williams and Seth Greenberg are the most animated along with Vasquez.

Though all the games have equal weight standings wise, MD being March 3 is second last game. The other approach would be to take the earliest game F04 GA Tech or F06 BC and hope a second game opens up F21 VA Tech or M03 MD.

So can't go too wrongly regardless of your pick as Cameron is Cameron.

Reddevil
08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
The terps bring out the best in the Crazies. It's a win, win, win, win situation, but I love the energy during the MD games.

BlueintheFace
08-27-2009, 10:02 PM
I can understand the mystique of a Maryland game, traditionally an opponent that gets hyped for us and vice-versa...

...however, the most talented opponent on that list is Ga Tech and it ain't even close. Tech's front line will likely be one of the top 2 we face all season (you know who in baby blue is the other). I would not be at all surprised for that game with Ga Tech to feature a pair of teams ranked in the top 15 if not the top 10.

--Jason "Tech features 3 guys who are locks to be NBA first rounders and likely to be lottery picks... that is one talented club" Evans

I might feel stupid later, but I've convinced myself and now I'm just going to say it.

Georgia Tech will not finish with a better ACC record than Maryland.

msdukie
08-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Maryland or Georgia Tech. Why wouldn't you pick an ACC game over a non-conference game?

And yes, I know Georgia Tech is only an expansion team.

Jarhead
08-27-2009, 10:46 PM
I have a friend offering me a pair of tickets to ann ACC game in Cameron this season and it looks like I can choose between V.Tech (2/21), Maryland (2/13), G.Tech (2/4), and BC (1/13). Which game would you choose, taking into account the opponent, point in the season, TV coverage, and who the Crazies will be most hyped for?

I'd choose th first one to be played, BC. Maybe your friend will again offer you tickets to the other three.

gep
08-28-2009, 01:56 AM

For me... Maryland is a "no contest". As much as Duke doesn't see Maryland as a "rival", Maryland games at Cameron bring out the best in "entertainment". No matter where Maryland is ranked, standings, etc, it WILL be a fun game.:D

Welcome2DaSlopes
08-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Maryland Hands Down

CameronBornAndBred
08-28-2009, 07:37 AM
For me... Maryland is a "no contest". As much as Duke doesn't see Maryland as a "rival", Maryland games at Cameron bring out the best in "entertainment". No matter where Maryland is ranked, standings, etc, it WILL be a fun game.:D
Yup, remember last year's blowout? Those games can often be forgetable, but I'll remember that one for a while, everyone in Cameron looked like they were thoroughly enjoying it, the team included. Also, you can be Maryland hasn't forgotten that game either.

moonpie23
08-28-2009, 07:44 AM
having maryland in CIS is a pretty awesome entertainment spectacle....

airowe
08-28-2009, 08:18 AM
I'd choose th first one to be played, BC. Maybe your friend will again offer you tickets to the other three.

I like the way you're thinking Jarhead. Make a big impact and show the friend how big of a a fan you are and how much fun it is to bring you to a game. They'll leave their spouse at home next time and bring you instead.

Rudy
08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
having maryland in CIS is a pretty awesome entertainment spectacle....

Agreed. I was in CIS last season for the Maryland home game. As a game it was a yawner, we won by something like 40 points. But the crowd stayed in it for the whole time, no one showed any mercy and the guys put up some great t.v. highlight moments, a couple of great jams by G. The only thing missing was Gary Williams acting up the whole game. He knew by halftime that it was a rout so he was pretty subdued.

PumpkinFunk
08-28-2009, 09:11 AM
If you can only go to one, pick Maryland. It's Greivis's last time, and a lot of us will be fired up trying to make his life a living hell. The other games might have better talent, but Maryland tends to show up well against us (last year being an exception), the Crazies tend to show up in full force (especially for a Saturday game against the Twerps), and the energy in Cameron is amazing.

SMO
08-28-2009, 09:15 AM

You can't pass up a chance to yell "Sweat Gary, sweat!"

Rudy
08-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Here's a three minute highlight reel of last year's game at CIS. I would rather have had the crowd noise than the music but the visuals are sweet, particularly the steal and three pass break at the 1:50 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf2cF7Bq4o8

Wander
08-28-2009, 11:11 AM

Well, they had 2 of those 3 locks last year, and finished last in the conference. More talented, yes, but I think Maryland will be the better team.

ACCBBallFan
08-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I had the two MD games backwards. Your home game would be Feb 13 and the road game for MD senior night is March 03 for Vasquez, Hayes and Milbourne.

M02 Georgia Tech at Clemson (Sr. Night-Booker/Potter) *Raycom 8:00
M02 Miami at North Carolina (Sr. Night-Marcus-Deon) *Raycom 8:00

M03 Wake Forest at Florida State (Sr Night-Reid) ESPN2 7:00
M03 Virginia at Boston College (Sr.Night-Roche) ESPNU 9:00
M03 Duke at Maryland ESPN 9:00 (Sr. Night-Vasquez/Hayes/Milbourne)
M03 NC State at Virginia Tech (Sr. Night-Wicher/Denam) 7:00

M06 Florida State at Miami (Sr. Day-Collins/Dews/Hurdle/McGowan) ESPN2 12:00
M06 Maryland at Virginia (Sr. Day-Bzaker/Tucker/Meyinese/Tat) Raycom 1:30
M06 Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech (Sr. Day-Bell/Peacock) Raycom 4:00
M06 North Carolina at Duke ESPN Game Day- (Sr. Night-Jon/Lance/Z) 9:00

M07 Boston College at NC State (Sr. Day-Degand/Horner) Raycom 2:00
M07 Clemson at Wake Forest (Sr. Night-Smith/Williams/McFarland/Weaver) FSN 6:00