PDA

View Full Version : Coaches in Kentucky Have Issues

airowe
08-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Figured we needed to start a broader thread than the Pitino and Kentucky/Cal threads now that another CBB coach in the state of Kentucky is in the news for all the wrong reasons.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/16847630

Is the whiskey in some of those distilleries seeping into the water?

Kedsy
08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Figured we needed to start a broader thread than the Pitino and Kentucky/Cal threads now that another CBB coach in the state of Kentucky is in the news for all the wrong reasons.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/16847630

Is the whiskey in some of those distilleries seeping into the water?

Whatever they're pouring, obviously Gillespie imbibed some of it.

BlueintheFace
08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Whatever they're pouring, obviously Gillespie imbibed some of it.

zzzzzzzziiiiiiiing

I think it was just a matter of time until that happened. When you hear enough stories...

RockyMtDevil
08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
That all the fun in Kentucky happens AT the restaurant, not leaving it. Get your drink on and stick around, all the fun happens after they lock the doors.

airowe
08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
That all the fun in Kentucky happens AT the restaurant, not leaving it. Get your drink on and stick around, all the fun happens after they lock the doors.

Keep 'em coming fellas.

As I told some Kentucky fans I saw throwing up outside a bar in St. John, USVI, "You can't spell puke without UK."

cspan37421
08-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Keep 'em coming fellas.

As I told some Kentucky fans I saw throwing up outside a bar in St. John, USVI, "You can't spell puke without UK."

That sword it two-edged. Be sure you say it first.

BD80
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM

Kentucky makes some powerful good and powerful powerful drink, but ...

Wait. A couple of drinks and ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-mlhIzm6B8s/SoduWWpYzFI/AAAAAAAAA8M/KVixHYjjzyk/s320/karen_sypher.jpg

airowe
08-27-2009, 11:36 AM
That sword it two-edged. Be sure you say it first.

Yeah, I didn't have to be too quick on my feet though. They just kept calling out for "Ralph" and "Earl".

If you've ever been to the USVI, you know how quick the Painkiller drinks can catch up to you.

Greg_Newton
08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
The arrest marks at least the third time Gillispie has been cited for driving under the influence.

In 1999, Gillispie was arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated and improper use of a lane in Tulsa, Okla., where he was an assistant under then-Tulsa coach Bill Self.

He eventually pleaded guilty to a charge of reckless driving. The other charges were dismissed.

In 2003, in his first year as coach at the University of Texas-El Paso, he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. The charges eventually were dismissed after a specially appointed prosecutor decided there was not enough evidence to suggest that Gillispie was drunk.

The coach, then 43, maintained his innocence through that process.

Seems like it's always the same pattern for UK coaches, just different details. Always very slippery and slimy.

Here's an SAT question for Derrick Rose:

Billy Gillespie : driving record
__________ : recruiting record

A) John Calipari
B) John Calipari
C) John Calipari
D) John Calipari

You don't need a stand-in in Detroit to put that one together...:rolleyes:

FireOgilvie
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Seems like it's always the same pattern for UK coaches, just different details. Always very slippery and slimy.

Here's an SAT question for Derrick Rose:

Billy Gillespie : driving record
__________ : recruiting record

A) John Calipari
B) John Calipari
C) John Calipari
D) John Calipari

You don't need a stand-in in Detroit to put that one together...:rolleyes:

What's tougher? Getting 3 DUIs or 2 vacated Final Fours?

airowe
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
What's tougher? Getting 3 DUIs or 2 vacated Final Fours?

Pitino - Home Run
Gillespie - Triple (3 DUIs)
Cal - Double (2 FF Vacations)

We need a coach from Kentucky to step up for the cycle.

JasonEvans
08-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Pitino - Home Run
Gillespie - Triple (3 DUIs)
Cal - Double (2 FF Vacations)

We need a coach from Kentucky to step up for the cycle.

Ken McDonald, the current head coach at Western Kentucky, was cited for DUI in 2001 (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-48633001.html) when he was an assistant at Western Kentucky. That's a single if I ever saw one ;)

-Jason "I guess Dwayne Casey's Emery envelope was a grand slam, right?" Evans

wilko
08-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Matthew Laurance goes to Kentucky and all Hades breaks loose.
Pitino's in a bind, Cal comes off like Shady Grady, and Billy G drank up his cabfare..

Im just saying...
Any volunteers from the Duke Radio network interested in going to Chapel Hill or Storrs?

I think its a trend well worth exploring.

allenmurray
08-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Pitino's in a bind, Cal comes off like Shady Grady, and Billy G drank up his cabfare..

Im just saying...
Any volunteers from the Duke Radio network interested in going to Chapel Hill or Storrs?

Great post!

Indoor66
08-28-2009, 11:42 AM

Im just saying...

Let's send Matthew. He's 1 for 1, who could do better?

weezie
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Kentucky makes some powerful good and powerful powerful drink, but ...

Wait. A couple of drinks and ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-mlhIzm6B8s/SoduWWpYzFI/AAAAAAAAA8M/KVixHYjjzyk/s320/karen_sypher.jpg

Wow! Who knew lounging about on a pink plush carpeted floor would be such a turn on for the fellas?!

moonpie23
08-28-2009, 10:04 PM
does anyone think that Cal comes off as the best of the 3?