PDA

View Full Version : 09-10 WBB Schedule

godukebasketball
08-26-2009, 07:26 AM
So happy to finally see the M BB's schedule and thinking ahead to the season, but now that wants me a glimpse at the women's schedule! When is their schedule normally released? Thx!

msdukie
08-26-2009, 10:38 AM
So happy to finally see the M BB's schedule and thinking ahead to the season, but now that wants me a glimpse at the women's schedule! When is their schedule normally released? Thx!

According to the ACC's twitter post yesterday, it will be out by the end of this week.

msdukie
08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Hot off the presses:

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1846&SPSID=22762

CameronBornAndBred
08-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Sigh...a bunch of Thursday - Sunday games. I have tix but will only be able to go to the Friday and early Sunday games due to being three hours away. And the UNC game on Monday is out too, crapola. In fact, I might be more tempted to make the Monday UCONN game, just because I've never been to one. The schedule looks weaker than last year, and it's a bummer not seeing Tennessee in there. (Last years schedule was one of the toughest in the country though, so not surprising to see that it is not as tough, at least on paper)

zingit
08-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, I admire your dedication of going to games 3 hours away, CameronBornAndBred! Since I graduated, I'm no longer in the Triangle, but I'm still only an hour away. Maybe I'll make the drive out for the big games. In any case, I put all the televised games on my calendar; you can add it to yours if you want:

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ttb7i6a943ekcdl9tt2npa13p4%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics

CameronBornAndBred
08-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Wow, I admire your dedication of going to games 3 hours away, CameronBornAndBred! Since I graduated, I'm no longer in the Triangle, but I'm still only an hour away. Maybe I'll make the drive out for the big games. In any case, I put all the televised games on my calendar; you can add it to yours if you want:

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/ttb7i6a943ekcdl9tt2npa13p4%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
Cool, thanks! I've paid attention to the women since Gail's early years when some of the games were broadcast on 620. I had to strain my ear to listen, and I was in Durham! I had a pizza delivery job in Chapel hell, and they always carried the carolina women's games. While I hated Sylvia, it was always good to be able to listen to the women's game whether it was Duke or unc. the heels were in the middle of their national championship run, and Duke was emerging as the new kid on the block. The drama in some of those games was insane. Listening to games, there is no difference in listening to men's games. You can't see dunks, you can only get wrapped up in the excitement of the score. And I got way wrapped up, and have followed the program ever since. I voluntarily buy tickets to games that were free only a couple years ago, and I love having to do it. I wish I could see more of them in person, but it's awesome we can watch so many on tv.

miramar
08-29-2009, 10:22 AM
The non-conference schedule has the normal share of cupcakes, but UConn, Stanford, Texas A&M, and Ohio State more than make up for it. That's 1, 3, 7, and 9 in the final ESPN poll (Duke was #14), although I have no idea who's coming back for those teams. The strongest teams are spread out, so I think it's a good schedule. My only real quibble is why would anyone go to Maine on December 21? But I suppose that seeing some serious snow will put everyone in a Christmas mood.

No TV until January 18, unfortunately.

CameronBornAndBred
08-29-2009, 10:48 AM
The non-conference schedule has the normal share of cupcakes, but UConn, Stanford, Texas A&M, and Ohio State more than make up for it. That's 1, 3, 7, and 9 in the final ESPN poll (Duke was #14), although I have no idea who's coming back for those teams. The strongest teams are spread out, so I think it's a good schedule. My only real quibble is why would anyone go to Maine on December 21? But I suppose that seeing some serious snow will put everyone in a Christmas mood.

No TV until January 18, unfortunately.
Ahhh, I missed seeing Stanford in there. I didn't remember that A&M was that high up, I knew Ohio State was. I take back what I said about being a weaker schedule...that's a hell of a season. As far as the ACC goes, I believe we are the toughest conference top to bottom, so that shedule is tough enough.

GrayHare
08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
My only real quibble is why would anyone go to Maine on December 21?

Coach P is from Maine. She coached the Black Bears for 8 years. That might account for the destination, if not the timing.