PDA

View Full Version : Florida Gator football

whereinthehellami
08-25-2009, 01:36 PM
I like college football about as much as college basketball and am loooking forward to seeing if the Gators can win a National Championship this year. I'm not gator fan but can appreciate Tebow and can admire Meyer's ability as a coach. If the Gator's win the NC they will have won it back to back and 3 out of the last 4 years. That's pretty darn impressive. Florida returned all of its 2 deep on defense (loaded) and Tebow and a ton of skill players on offense. With the exception of a game or two they are supposed to be double digit favorites in the rest of their games (including the tough SEC).

To make this appropriate for the bball boards: If they win a NC this year, they will remind me of the Duke team during Laettner's 4 years. Utter domination. Tebow and Laettner have some similarities; tough, clutch, ultra competetive,and just plain winners.

Devilsfan
08-25-2009, 01:39 PM
How can they miss? They have Matt Pridemore's "little" brother on their team.

Stray Gator
08-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Since I first became a fan of college football as a youngster more than 50 years ago, I've dreamed of what it might be like to see my team play in the Rose Bowl for a national championship. I've now had the privilege and immense pleasure of seeing my team win a BCS National Championship in the Sugar Bowl, in the Fiesta Bowl, and in the (new) Orange Bowl. There's just one mountain left to climb. So I'm ready--let's do this thing...

http://www.arc-tec.com/images/rbce.jpg

msdukie
08-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Since I first became a fan of college football as a youngster more than 50 years ago, I've dreamed of what it might be like to see my team play in the Rose Bowl for a national championship. I've now had the privilege and immense pleasure of seeing my team win a BCS National Championship in the Sugar Bowl, in the Fiesta Bowl, and in the (new) Orange Bowl. There's just one mountain left to climb. So I'm ready--let's do this thing...

http://www.arc-tec.com/images/rbce.jpg

Well, we already played in the Rose Bowl for a National Championship. It was just January 1, 1939 ;)

Stray, I'll be pulling for the Gators because I love watching FSU fans suffer.

Indoor66
08-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, we already played in the Rose Bowl for a National Championship. It was just January 1, 1939 ;)

Stray, I'll be pulling for the Gators because I love watching FSU fans suffer.

We also played in the Rose Bowl on January 1, 1942.

Stray Gator
08-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Friends, I am really old; but even I wasn't around in 1939 or 1942. ;)

-jk
08-25-2009, 07:05 PM
We also played in the Rose Bowl on January 1, 1942.

At home. And Wally was so busy prepping the stadium, he forgot to prep the team. Grr...

My grandmother had Rose Bowl rose bushes for decades later.

-jk

jimsumner
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
"Well, we already played in the Rose Bowl for a National Championship. It was just January 1, 1939"

Actually not. The final AP poll was taken before the bowls. Duke was ranked third in the AP poll and both teams ahead of Duke (TCU and Tennesee) won their bowl games. So even a win over Southern Cal would not have given Duke any legit claim for a national title.

speedevil2001
08-26-2009, 04:18 AM
I like college football about as much as college basketball and am loooking forward to seeing if the Gators can win a National Championship this year. I'm not gator fan but can appreciate Tebow and can admire Meyer's ability as a coach. If the Gator's win the NC they will have won it back to back and 3 out of the last 4 years. That's pretty darn impressive. Florida returned all of its 2 deep on defense (loaded) and Tebow and a ton of skill players on offense. With the exception of a game or two they are supposed to be double digit favorites in the rest of their games (including the tough SEC).

To make this appropriate for the bball boards: If they win a NC this year, they will remind me of the Duke team during Laettner's 4 years. Utter domination. Tebow and Laettner have some similarities; tough, clutch, ultra competetive,and just plain winners.

how do i become a moderator here?

threads like this should be band from www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums

airowe
08-26-2009, 07:49 AM

I don't think thread should be "band" from here. We talk about Duke football a lot on here and the thread starter compared Tebow "The Chosen One" to Laettner. Mods, please tell me you haven't band this thread ;)

RelativeWays
08-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Some might say that trying to get this thread "band" is DUMB! Ha! Did you see what I did there?!?!?!

ahhhhhhh anyway, I'm sorry to rain on the parade but Tim JC Tebow has been permanently linked with Beaker to me. Seeing the sports media fawn over him the way they did with Beaker makes me throw up a bit in my mouth. His proclamation of his chastity was :rolleyes: x1,000,000. I'll be glad, so glad when Tebow transfigures on national tv and ascends to the NFL.

whereinthehellami
08-26-2009, 08:24 AM

You probably wouldn't get my vote as I'm not a fan of only 2 or 3 threads in a forum but hey i like your determination to make the world a better place.:cool:

DukeBlueNikeShox
08-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Personally, I think Tim Tebow is the greatest thing since slice bread! He's by far the best fb player I've ever seen. He deserves every award and praise he receives. Tebow is a great fb player, well-spoken, clean cut, intelligent, driven, and uses his fame to help and reach out to others. You don't have to agree with his platform, but at least respect the fact that he's using his religious beliefs to help others, rather than using his fame to get women, money, and other things most athletes use it for. I think those who resent him do so out of pure jealousy...