PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Singler Interview

airowe
08-22-2009, 06:47 PM
http://realcollegebasketball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=275:kyle-singler-interview&catid=51:interview&Itemid=100

RCB: What is it like to play for one of the best coaches ever in Coach K?

KS: Playing for Coach Krzyzewski is something I can’t put into words, he is a remarkable human being. He’s much more than a coach, he's an educator. He teaches his players how to win in life as well as in basketball, he has taught me how to make the world a better place through integrity, honesty, and excellence. My relationship with him is beyond basketball. It's about life in general. He’s coached and touched the lives of many individuals and I’m fortunate that I am one of them, and he, besides the love of Jesus Christ, is the main reason for my success.

Azdukefan
08-22-2009, 08:23 PM
KS: There are many things that drove me too stay at Duke. For instance, playing for Coach K was something I was not willing let go of. I've dreamed about playing at Duke since I was little. My years here have been some of the best years of my life. I just don’t think there’s a reason to cut this experience short. However I also want to improve my game. I want to get my basketball IQ a lot better. Work on my shot, my dribbling skills, and just the little details that go with an explosive all-around game. I feel so loyal to this place and I believe I can still contribute so much.

I made this comment earlier and some felt I was being selfish by saying there is a level of loyalty broken when one enters the draft early. Now having "heard" Kyle say the same thing it reaffirms my belief (even though I don't think he would have went in the first round last year). Anyone disagree? I know money is a factor but how about integrity (I am not saying anyone that has left early has no integrity but it shows a lot when you make the statement that money can wait)?

Poincaré
08-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I love that Kyle is working on many aspects of his game. Since he already has a versatile game it sounds like he is trying to be a master of all trades rather than the jack of all trades.

About early entries: The worst thing you could say about someone who leaves early is that he made a bad decision. If those who leave early still love Duke and Coach K...

weezie
08-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Since when is Kyle one of the Duke players that everybody loves to hate?

No way. He's way beyond that, he's quintessential Duke. Better recognize....

basket1544
08-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Quintessential Duke players are the ones others love to hate.
-Basket1544