PDA

View Full Version : Calipari promises title within five years

eightyearoldsdude
08-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Think y'all might enjoy this:

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:129/john-calipari-promises-kentucky-a-vacated-ncaa-title-within-5-years

Billy Dat
08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
DJ Gallo's stuff is tremendous.

I learned about the sports pickle by hearing him on Dave Dameshek's podcast - another excellent sports show.

Gallo was just on Dameshek this week, you can check it out at:
http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/710espn/show?showId=damshow

Gallo is on the 8/20 podcast...or grab it via iTunes

Quo Vadis
08-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Think y'all might enjoy this:

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:129/john-calipari-promises-kentucky-a-vacated-ncaa-title-within-5-years

And it will be vacated within 6 years.

eightyearoldsdude
08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
perhaps you didn't read the article?

jimsumner
08-21-2009, 04:28 PM
:)

Greg_Newton
08-21-2009, 04:30 PM
"I know taking a program to the top and then destroying in such a short time is a bold goal," said Calipari. "But I am confident I can do it. I feel my whole career has been preparing me for this goal."

If only he was so honest in real life...

SilkyJ
08-21-2009, 04:33 PM
"Lebron James is a free agent after this season and he has all of his college eligibility left," said Calipari. "I think I can get him here. I think he'll be interested to learn that, unlike in the NBA, my players aren't subjected to a salary cap."

BAHAHAHAHA. What a scumbag that guy is. If I was seated next to him on a plane I would ask to be moved...after I called him a scumbag.

miramar
08-21-2009, 04:56 PM
If only he was so honest in real life...

but I don't get the impression that he tries to hide it much, or that the Kentucky faithful are too concerned one way or another. I think they would be delighted to get a title, even if they had to vacate the following week, not five years later.

BlueDevilBaby
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
but I don't get the impression that he tries to hide it much, or that the Kentucky faithful are too concerned one way or another. I think they would be delighted to get a title, even if they had to vacate the following week, not five years later.

They would probably leave up the banner too.

BD80
08-21-2009, 06:17 PM
"Lebron James is a free agent after this season and he has all of his college eligibility left," said Calipari. "I think I can get him here. I think he'll be interested to learn that, unlike in the NBA, my players aren't subjected to a salary cap."

Cal certainly has demonstrated that "Whatever it takes" mentality, but to get Lebron, wow! How many boosters would he have to have sex with to make that happen?

Oh, wait, that is the other big name coach in Kentucky.

Semantics aside, I wonder how long it would take the Ky boosters to put together a package that would entice Lebron? Fifty minutes to raise $50 mil?

We know Cal wouldn't really go after Lebron because he promised Bledsoe a starting job. He is a man of honor after all.

SupaDave
08-21-2009, 06:40 PM
"We'll make replicas." Classic.

sagegrouse
08-21-2009, 06:43 PM
The Sagegrouse wishes he had thought of it first. :):)

sagegrouse