PDA

View Full Version : New Rivals Class of 2011 Up

Quo Vadis
08-21-2009, 11:16 AM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=910&Year=2011&ra_key=2288

Interesting list here.

I would love to get Quincy Miller. This is yet another time where he is compared to Kevin Durant. Heck, a poor man's Kevin Durant would be a stud, and he may be closer to an actual KD than a Poor Man's KD by the time he gets to school.

His family lives in Winston-Salem, but he grew up in Chicago. This means he was not indoctrinated into the "UNC is awesome whereas Duke is in league with Satan" mindset of many North Carolinians, a mindset particularly prevalent outside the Triangle. Also, K is from Chi Town, and has a great Rep there. I mean, his rep is great generally, but he is especially beloved in Chicago which tends to view him as a native son.

Beal is ahead of Rivers. Rivers is listed as a Combo guard. I know he currently plays AAU ball with Brandon Knight, who dominates the ball, but I have begun to question if Rivers is a PG or a SG. The first we may need desparately, the second not so much (unless Dawkins is a 2 and gone stud, which is not outside the realm of possibility) given that Dawkins and Curry will be in the rotation.

Of course, a lot of what happens in 2011 is vitally dependant on the outcome of 2009.

Barnes's commitment, and the continued development of the Plums and Kelly and Hairston, not to mention the NBA decision of Singler, would each greatly impact Miller's Decision.

Likewise, Irving would probably impact Rivers and Beal, who will also want to keep an eye on Dawson and Curry as that will impact their decision.

Cook, who may be our 2011 pure PG option if we strike out this year, is also worth watching.

We're not really in on any low post players other than Plumlee, but we may be stocked at that position with 4-6 guys capable of playing quality MPG at the 4 and/or 5.

Still, overall the kids K is probably targeting are impressive by anyone's estimation.