PDA

View Full Version : AOL Email Forwarding Question

Channing
04-21-2007, 01:15 PM
My mom is trying to break the grasp of AOL, and has finally set up a GMail accout. Is it possible to have AOL mail forwarded to the gmail account? I was looking and I couldnt find an option for that.

thanks

-Steven

Dukiedevil
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
The easiest way is to go into your gmail account and have it "get" the mail from your other account. When you sign into gmail, at the top there is a "settings" tab. Under Settings, there is an accounts tab. Click on that and you will see instructions on how to add annother e-mail address to your account.

-J

Channing
04-23-2007, 02:31 PM
The easiest way is to go into your gmail account and have it "get" the mail from your other account. When you sign into gmail, at the top there is a "settings" tab. Under Settings, there is an accounts tab. Click on that and you will see instructions on how to add annother e-mail address to your account.

-J

I tried that. It kept telling me it wouldnt accept her AOL address. I think it has something to do with POP3 - but i neither know what that means or how to deal with it.

Dukiedevil
04-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Ahhh right. AOl uses IMAP instead of POP. Gmail won't connect to it. I think you may be out of luck because I don't believe AOL allows any sort of forwarding. There are free software tools you can use to get all of your mail sent to your Gmail account, but they aren't quite as pain free as autoforwarding...

bundabergdevil
02-18-2021, 07:52 PM
Another addition to the DBR 2007 techno-culture time capsule!

DukeBlueDevil
02-18-2021, 07:56 PM
Another addition to the DBR 2007 techno-culture time capsule!

I need to learn to look at the dates of these posts before getting invested in what's happening.

YmoBeThere
02-18-2021, 08:03 PM
I need to learn to look at the dates of these posts before getting invested in what's happening.

Still using your AOL account? I'm on Year 27.

DukeBlueDevil
02-18-2021, 09:27 PM

More like I work in IT for a living so I was starting to rack my brains on how to set this email forward.
In my experience, it's hard for people who work in tech to turn off the troubleshooting even when they clock out.

Skydog
02-19-2021, 01:55 PM

Anyone else noticing a drop-off in the free disks they are sending through the mail?

bundabergdevil
02-19-2021, 02:01 PM
Anyone else noticing a drop-off in the free disks they are sending through the mail?

Man, I must spread comments. That made me laugh.

-jk
02-19-2021, 02:09 PM

I miss my never-ending supply of coasters.

-jk

OldPhiKap
02-19-2021, 02:17 PM
I miss the random "boings" in the dial-up sequences.

jimsumner
02-19-2021, 02:43 PM
Speaking of 2007, any chance Josh McRoberts comes back for his junior year? I'd love to see McRoberts and Taylor King team up for a year.

ClemmonsDevil
02-19-2021, 02:44 PM
Speaking of 2007, any chance Josh McRoberts comes back for his junior year? I'd love to see McRoberts and Taylor King team up for a year.

Taylor King's game aged like Benjamin Button for some reason.