PDA

View Full Version : Duke/Ga. Tech Tie Break

BamaBlueDevil
03-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know who wins the tie-break if we lose to UNC :( and Ga. Tech beats B.C.?

Troublemaker
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
GaTech would win the tiebreaker because of their victory over UNC.

devilish
03-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I think the tiebreaker is records vs. #1 team, if same, then record vs. #2 team and so on.

dukeimac
03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
The tiebreakers first is head to head and G Tech beat Duke in the only game they played against each other this year.

So if Duke looses to UNC and G Tech beats BC Duke finishes 7th in the ACC and will play NC St. in the opening round.

Scary to think Duke could possibly finish 8-9 in the ACC this year isn't it?

MulletMan
03-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I think the tiebreaker is records vs. #1 team, if same, then record vs. #2 team and so on.

Actually the first tiebreaker is head-to-head record, which is a wash in this case, and then like devilish said, its winning percentage against #1, then #2, then #3 and so on. What kind of stinks about this, nt in our particular case with GT, but in other ossible scenarios is that with the unbalanced schedule, let's say like a couple of years ago when Wake got UNC at home and beat them, but didn't have a return trip to UNC, and we split with UNC, then, if we would have tied for a seed with Wake, they would win the tiebreaker because they were 1-0 and we were 1-1. Kinda silly, but I guess that's what expansion gets you.