PDA

View Full Version : Duke to Host College Gameday for UNC Game

TaiAdmiral
08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Not a lot of news happening around here, so I thought I would mention this:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204777180

Duke's hosting ESPN's College Gameday from KVille on March 6, for the UNC game. This will actually be the 2nd time for the season, as the Duke v. Clemson game at Clemson will also be on Gameday.

Fun stuff...keep an eye out for me and the rest of my tent. :]

RainingThrees
08-18-2009, 08:34 PM
2 in one seasons? Thats great! They always talk about how good the fans are at Gameday but this time they will see the best.

msdukie
08-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Unless there is a change in the next negotiations for the ACC basketball contract. College Gameday will be at UNC@Duke every even numbered year as it has been since 2004 (odd numbered years end in HELL on CBS).

Azdukefan
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Will Gameday be held on the lawn outside (K-Ville) Cameron or will it be held inside Cameron? If it is indoors, will "non" students be allowed in? Thanks for the information!

Bud
09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Man I can't wait for basketball to start go Duke.

weezie
09-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Will Gameday be held on the lawn outside (K-Ville) Cameron or will it be held inside Cameron? If it is indoors, will "non" students be allowed in? Thanks for the information!

Pretty sure it's outside. Too much of a majestic and awesome atmosphere inside Cameron and no room for haters!

airowe
09-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Pretty sure it's outside. Too much of a majestic and awesome atmosphere inside Cameron and no room for haters!

It will be outside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1rMJkv29A

and inside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvaKIBtPIIQ

**Speakers Down

haters = Bilas?

ACCBBallFan
09-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Will also be Senior Night for Jon, Lance and Z. Don't know if Jordan Davidson gets another senior night

PumpkinFunk
09-03-2009, 10:23 AM

For basketball, the main event is always indoors. Unfortunately... Tarholes did manage to make their way to the upper deck of Cameron 2 years ago and likely will do it again.

Azdukefan
09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Lol.....thanks for the responses! I knew the game was held indoors I was wondering about the pregame (I am assuming some of those are sarcastic responses). Thanks again!

godukerocks
09-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Yea, two years the 10 AM show was inside. Tim Catliff hit a halfcourt shot for money. Everyone went nuts.

DukePA
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Four years ago it was held outside CIS and had a carnival-like feel to the event.

Azdukefan
09-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Yea, two years the 10 AM show was inside. Tim Catliff hit a halfcourt shot for money. Everyone went nuts.

Was it only students that were allowed in?

PumpkinFunk
09-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Was it only students that were allowed in?

Nope. Some Tarholes got in, some general admissions got in, too.

Azdukefan
02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Sorry to keep bringing this up but I am lucky enough that I will be in attendance at the game on 3-6. Where can I find info on the gameday festivities?

HCheek37
02-20-2010, 10:18 PM
I'll be there....anyone seen the DBP video with Coach K's announcement of the contest winner?

Thats my sis and I'll be there with her.....soooo excited :D

Newton_14
02-20-2010, 10:42 PM
I was there in 2004 but only for the nightime festivities. Missed the morning deal inside CIS. The GameDay set was at K-Ville and it was awesome. I was able to navigate my way up pretty close to the set. Atmosphere was unbelievable. And of course we won the game that night. Hands down the best game I have ever been to in terms of atmosphere and getting the win. And the best/worst part of it was the fact that a hole fan somehow got the seat next to me for the game. I had season tickets that year and the two seats next to me were either empty or had someone different in them each game. I had a funny feeling a hole fan would be in them for the only Duke/unc game I have ever been to and sure enough it happened...

Still holding out hope I get a ticket for this year's game and hopefully sit amongst the good guys this time.

blazindw
02-21-2010, 01:25 AM
I was there in 2004 but only for the nightime festivities. Missed the morning deal inside CIS. The GameDay set was at K-Ville and it was awesome. I was able to navigate my way up pretty close to the set. Atmosphere was unbelievable. And of course we won the game that night. Hands down the best game I have ever been to in terms of atmosphere and getting the win. And the best/worst part of it was the fact that a hole fan somehow got the seat next to me for the game. I had season tickets that year and the two seats next to me were either empty or had someone different in them each game. I had a funny feeling a hole fan would be in them for the only Duke/unc game I have ever been to and sure enough it happened...

Still holding out hope I get a ticket for this year's game and hopefully sit amongst the good guys this time.

That was actually the first ever College Gameday to feature a basketball game. Imagine my shock when ESPN called me to let me know they were coming...I was so ecstatic trying to put it all together with the rest of the week's events. I was actually interviewed live on ESPN Cold Pizza (now ESPN First Take) at 6:30am the morning of the game, which was an incredible feat considering due to the final week, I hadn't slept a wink the prior 7 nights. I looked like a zombie, lol! But, everything went off without a hitch and the rest, they say, is history. Hugging all my fellow seniors as time ran out and we knew we had won is something I will NEVER forget.

livehead16
02-21-2010, 05:53 AM
i'm told this year's events (both morning and night) will be held inside cameron. they're looking to pack the house in the morning, so i have to think non-students will be allowed in.

i was there at the A.M. outdoor event in 2006, and i was surprised at the small turnout. it was still fun, though - i'm not one for wanting to be on television, so i stood in front of jay and the gang to take pictures instead.

PumpkinFunk
02-21-2010, 09:45 AM
i'm told this year's events (both morning and night) will be held inside cameron. they're looking to pack the house in the morning, so i have to think non-students will be allowed in.

This is right. 2 years ago, a bunch of Tar Hole students snuck in... I imagine that they will be paying much closer attention to the color/team that people are wearing going in this time around.