PDA

View Full Version : Vince on Outland Watch List

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Vince Oghobaase is on the watch list for this year's Outland Trophy. It would be marvelous to see him win this national award! Duke's last and only previous Outland winner was Mike McGee in 1959.
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204773855

CameronBornAndBred
08-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Nick Maggio was also named to a list, the Lou Groza watch list, which is given to the nation's top kicker. Good to see our kicking game is actually one that gets some respect, hard to believe after two years ago.
I was really surprised to see that Thad Lewis was not listed for the O'Brien award, which rates QB's on skills and athletic ability. Four ACC QB's made the list, and even though Thad is usually listed as one of the top two quarterbacks in the conference, he was snubbed by the committee. He is listed for some other awards though.
Best of luck to all of Duke's potential winners!

Newton_14
08-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Nick Maggio was also named to a list, the Lou Groza watch list, which is given to the nation's top kicker. Good to see our kicking game is actually one that gets some respect, hard to believe after two years ago.

That is amazing. 2 years ago we made a grand total of what? 3 Field Goals? I think that is right anyway.

To me that was one of the most impressive areas of improvements Cut pulled off last year. 2 years ago most high school teams had a better kicking game, yet Cut took the exact same guys and turned that mess into an area of strength.....