PDA

View Full Version : Local radio broadcasts of Duke football and bball

arnie
08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
With all the shakeups with the Triangle sports radio stations, does anyone know which (if any) Raleigh station will carry Duke football and bball games?

Hope they are covered by a station in addition to 620 as the signal is not that strong east of Durham.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-11-2009, 10:47 AM
With all the shakeups with the Triangle sports radio stations, does anyone know which (if any) Raleigh station will carry Duke football and bball games?

Hope they are covered by a station in addition to 620 as the signal is not that strong east of Durham.

The radio affiliates list has not been updated online yet. Here's a link to the goDuke.com web page to check for updates. http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=187716

riverside6
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty sure in the article I read yesterday it said coverage will stay on WDNC 620.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure in the article I read yesterday it said coverage will stay on WDNC 620.
Regarding a separate but related issue, other parts of the state, including only a few counties away, have had limited reception of the Duke Radio Network via AM or FM stations. I hope that the changes in management of the Duke sports information will bring improvements which make it possible to listen to Duke games via clear FM signals..... and I'm not referring to Clear Channel!

CameronBornAndBred
08-11-2009, 01:38 PM
There is always the insideaccess available through Goduke.com. I always get the audio subscription for times when I can't find a station. All I need is my laptop and a wireless network. Unfortunately, that doesn't help much when out and about.

roywhite
08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Not pertaining to game broadcasts, but related to the ownership changes, etc... did our "friend" Bomani Jones survive with an air time spot?

greggus
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
I would like to see DUKE go to FM. The holes, wake, and wolfpack are all on
FM stations now. Maybe something is in the works for us to move to 99.9.
We could still be on 620 AM if they wanted to.

arnie
08-11-2009, 03:22 PM
The radio affiliates list has not been updated online yet. Here's a link to the goDuke.com web page to check for updates. http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=187716

Thanks, hopefully we will be on an FM station. And to answer Roy White (ex outfielder for the Yankees); maybe K will insist that Bomani Jones take Matthew Laurance's place behind the bench.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks, hopefully we will be on an FM station. And to answer Roy White (ex outfielder for the Yankees); maybe K will insist that Bomani Jones take Matthew Laurance's place behind the bench.

There's not enough air conditioning in Cameron for that to happen!

roywhite
08-11-2009, 04:08 PM

Thanks, Arnie. :) The story behind my nickname/screen name goes back a ways and is not terribly interesting; not related to the Yankee outfielder, I'm afraid.

I travel to the Triangle occasionally and listen to the sports talk guys when I do...Bomani is sometimes interesting, sometimes annoying, and decidedly partial to the lighter shade of blue. I've actually come to prefer Mark Packer, but he's not a universal favorite, either.

If all these radio changes result in a better arrangement for Duke broadcasts on stations we can actually pick up, I'm all for it.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-11-2009, 09:13 PM

Regarding a separate but related issue, other parts of the state, including only a few counties away, have had limited reception of the Duke Radio Network via AM or FM stations. I hope that the changes in management of the Duke sports information will bring improvements which make it possible to listen to Duke games via clear FM signals..... and I'm not referring to Clear Channel!
I've wondered the same thing. And after the sun goes down, coverage/reception was terrible on 850 anyway.