PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets Via Fed Ex

brianl
08-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I received my football tickets yesterday and thought it odd that they were delivered Fed Ex. It always seemed that the good ol postal service was a little less expensive and pretty reliable.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I received my football tickets yesterday and thought it odd that they were delivered Fed Ex. It always seemed that the good ol postal service was a little less expensive and pretty reliable.
I had the same thought. They didn't charge us anything extra for FedEx, so I would think the athletic department could have saved the expense in these days of cutbacks and budget tightening. I guess they wanted the tracking capability and delivery confirmation, although my driver left them on my front porch (signature on file, per my instructions for FedEx and UPS deliveries.) I happened to be driving home and passed the truck up the street and was surprised to see the envelope on the front porch.

DukeSince'77
08-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Did everyone get their tickets yesterday? Are they staggering the mailouts?

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Did everyone get their tickets yesterday? Are they staggering the mailouts?

Mine arrived yesterday.

While I wondered about the cost of this type of delivery, I expect that DUAA and/or the university has a contract with FedEx which would reduce the per item cost.

msdukie
08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Got mine yesterday via FedEx too.

El_Diablo
08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't get my season ticket package until next week.

But then again, mine is plastic and has my picture on it. :)

fitimi1
08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Also received mine yesterday. Any word on when parking passes will be sent out.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Also received mine yesterday. Any word on when parking passes will be sent out.
Usually a week or two before the first game.