PDA

View Full Version : we could have used this huh?

soccerstud2210
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
anyone see john wall's dunk on stackhouse???
here it is...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/John-Wall-dunks-on-Jerry-Stackhouse-in-a-bad-ba?urn=ncaab,181837

Bob Green
08-10-2009, 04:55 PM
He obviously carried the ball up top, which allowed him to blow by his primary defender. While that is an awesome video, in a college game it would have been a turnover.

El_Diablo
08-10-2009, 07:31 PM
He obviously carried the ball up top, which allowed him to blow by his primary defender. While that is an awesome video, in a college game it would have been a turnover.*

*If it were actually called. ;)

speedevil2001
08-10-2009, 08:44 PM
He obviously carried the ball up top, which allowed him to blow by his primary defender. While that is an awesome video, in a college game it would have been a turnover.

wow...isnt wall a lefty also?

SupaDave
08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
In an NBA game, Wall would have eaten the floor. Stackhouse defense, while spirited, was hardly full speed and probably at this stage in his career was hardly expecting it.

Memphis Devil
08-11-2009, 11:00 AM
If I had a dollar for everytime I dunked on an NBA vet in a summer pick up game, well, I wouldn't have any money. But, how does this video have people in such an uproar? Gary Parrish is anointing Wall the best college guard in the country even though he has yet to play a college game. While I must admit to not having seen a single game from the NC Pro-Am, everything I have read (thank you NC Pro-Am thread!) says these games were pretty much dunk offs. By Parrish's rationale, either MP1 or MP2 is the best college big man in the country as they have been throwing it down with regularity during these games (I am sure at least one NBA vet got in the way of one of them). Anyway, Wall can't be better than Jordan Crawford, can he?

ice-9
08-11-2009, 12:34 PM
I think Parrish is saying that Wall is the country's best point guard based on his complete package of skills, of which the crossover, blow by and dunk is just one example.

I mean...Wall WAS projected to go in the top 3 in this year's draft, and expected to go #1 in next year's draft. The kid is a game changer, which was why we all salivated over him when he was a Duke prospect.

UrinalCake
08-11-2009, 12:38 PM

He also appeared to have been fouled while dunking, which wasn't called either. Pretty sweet video no matter what.

soccerstud2210
08-11-2009, 01:10 PM
i think its crazy how wall was the most talked about and coveted prospect by all of us duke fans. and the minute he chose somewhere else, everyone is like, oh no big deal, he isn't that good. it was a carry. stackhouse wasn't playing defense. he traveled.

brevity
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Gary Parrish is anointing Wall the best college guard in the country even though he has yet to play a college game.

Well, most college guards declared for last summer's draft. Are there any left?

These summer scrimmages between everything-to-show preps/collegians and nothing-to-prove NBA stars/veterans are the perfect recipe for plays like that. They're fun, but indicative of nothing.

soccerstud2210
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, most college guards declared for last summer's draft. Are there any left?

These summer scrimmages between everything-to-show preps/collegians and nothing-to-prove NBA stars/veterans are the perfect recipe for plays like that. They're fun, but indicative of nothing.

nevertheless, i don't care who you are... NO one wants dunked on. whether you are stackhouse, lebron james, brevity, or soccerstud2210... especially by some punk kid :)

Greg_Newton
08-11-2009, 02:24 PM
To be fair, I don't think Parrish is basing what he says off of that dunk. He also says he'll be the best guard in the country "later", he doesn't "annoint" him as the best guard in the country right now.

And I agree with him 100% - Wall is going to be the most talented player in college basketball this year. Disagree? Who would you take in a head-to-head matchup over him? Every few years there is an absolute can't-miss prospect like him that is just physically on another level than everyone else on the court, no matter who he's playing. Lebron James was the last prospect I remember like this - his physical gifts and skill set are just flat-out superior to those of anyone else who has come along recently. I felt that way when we were recruiting him and I feel that way now... call me crazy if you want, but I'd put good money on him playing in the NBA all-star game in 2012-2013.

What reallllly drives me crazy are reports that a Mr. Eric Bledsoe is giving him a good run for his money in summer pickup games... sighhhh......

SupaDave
08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
i think its crazy how wall was the most talked about and coveted prospect by all of us duke fans. and the minute he chose somewhere else, everyone is like, oh no big deal, he isn't that good. it was a carry. stackhouse wasn't playing defense. he traveled.

Ummmm, maybe you haven't read any threads about our own players...

G man
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
First I would like to say that I wish wall was wearing duke blue... but since he is not I want him to dunk on every tar hole that has ever picked up a ball!!! get um

Scorp4me
08-11-2009, 11:25 PM
which was why we all salivated over him when he was a Duke prospect.

I'd just like to point out we didn't all salivate over him and there were quite happy he chose elsewhere. Just check the 100's of pages in the Wall thread.

FireOgilvie
08-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I'd just like to point out we didn't all salivate over him and there were quite happy he chose elsewhere. Just check the 100's of pages in the Wall thread.

I don't think anyone denied his talent, however.

DevilHorns
08-11-2009, 11:42 PM

thats true that there were some on this board that were happy we didnt get Wall, but you have to admit that overwhelmingly most were hoping he would end up in Duke blue... I would say that at worst it was 80%/20% hoping he would end up at Duke

soccerstud2210
08-11-2009, 11:44 PM

ya maybe for like 3 pgs. then everyone was going crazy about how duke bball was crumbling and coach k was loosing his touch and the world was coming to an end. go read

FireOgilvie
08-12-2009, 12:24 AM
I really really don't like Calipari or Kentucky, but the more I think about how much talent they on their team, the more I think they're going to win the NCAA Championship. They have far and away more talent from top to bottom than any other team. It will be tough for them at first to play together as a team with all of the newcomers, but I think they'll just be too overwhelming by the end of the season. I think KU and Texas are going to be really good, but I just have a feeling that UK is going to win it. Here is a video I hadn't seen before of Wall at the NC Pro-Am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AR1LUxhZo&feature=related

dukieinhebron
08-12-2009, 12:56 AM
John Wall is a beast.

SupaDave
08-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I really really don't like Calipari or Kentucky, but the more I think about how much talent they on their team, the more I think they're going to win the NCAA Championship. They have far and away more talent from top to bottom than any other team. It will be tough for them at first to play together as a team with all of the newcomers, but I think they'll just be too overwhelming by the end of the season. I think KU and Texas are going to be really good, but I just have a feeling that UK is going to win it. Here is a video I hadn't seen before of Wall at the NC Pro-Am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AR1LUxhZo&feature=related

I'll give you one thing - you stay pretty positive FO...

MChambers
08-12-2009, 10:11 AM

They won't call it in the NBA, at least in his second year.