PDA

View Full Version : the greatness of 1986

dairedevil
08-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Reading the article linked on the home page brought back many memories. It can be difficult remembering details of certain teams and seasons after 20+ years. For years, the ACC was considered the strongest, deepest conference. When you see the competition that Duke faced in conference in 86, you can certainly understand why...3 ACC teams ranked #1, Bias, Daugherty, Bogues, Price, Salley,Dawkins and the rest. The league was filled with talent and players that were fun and exciting to watch. I don't want to get into an expansion, unbalanced schedule debate, that has been covered enough. I'm just basking in the memories of that season....
which bring me to the question - is it possible to find any recordings of games from that year? And if so, where would I find them?

The Gordog
08-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Reading the article linked on the home page brought back many memories. It can be difficult remembering details of certain teams and seasons after 20+ years. For years, the ACC was considered the strongest, deepest conference. When you see the competition that Duke faced in conference in 86, you can certainly understand why...3 ACC teams ranked #1, Bias, Daugherty, Bogues, Price, Salley,Dawkins and the rest. The league was filled with talent and players that were fun and exciting to watch. I don't want to get into an expansion, unbalanced schedule debate, that has been covered enough. I'm just basking in the memories of that season....
which bring me to the question - is it possible to find any recordings of games from that year? And if so, where would I find them?

The only reason I still have my VCR hooked up is that tape I have from the '86 team. I guess I need to figure out how to get that burned to DVD or recorded to my DVR one of these days...

slower
08-10-2009, 12:39 PM
As you read through it, notice how Curry Kirkpatrick (Tarhole grad) takes every opportunity to blubber about the seemingly-constant injuries to the poor Tarholes.