PDA

View Full Version : "Chris" Laettner

Lord Ash
08-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey all,

So, just out of curiosity; was Christian Laettner ever called "Chris?" I can't seem to recall it ever happening, but having someone being called by their entire first name, rather than a shortened version, is somewhat uncommon, no?

rasputin
08-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey all,

So, just out of curiosity; was Christian Laettner ever called "Chris?" I can't seem to recall it ever happening, but having someone being called by their entire first name, rather than a shortened version, is somewhat uncommon, no?

If my memory serves me correctly, Christian has a brother named Chris, so that abbreviation wouldn't have been used for him.

-jk
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I believe his teammates called him Chris, much to the surprise of said brother.

-jk

bulldog44
08-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey all,

He was called Chris once, on the way towards the Duke bench during a timeout by some guy named Rick, the rest is history. :D

Dukeford
08-09-2009, 09:44 PM
He was called Chris once, on the way towards the Duke bench during a timeout by some guy named Rick, the rest is history. :D

Please elaborate on this, thanks.

Azdukefan
08-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Please elaborate on this, thanks.

The Shot?!? I am pretty sure that is what he was eluding to. Just a shot (no pun intended) in the dark!

pkscoach
08-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Christian's brother Chris was a minor league baseball umpire. He worked in the South Atlantic League, among other assignments, around 15 or so years ago.

Dukeford
08-10-2009, 12:34 AM
The Shot?!? I am pretty sure that is what he was eluding to. Just a shot (no pun intended) in the dark!

Got it, thanks.

For some reason the name Rick immediately made me think of Rick Fox, instead of Pitino.

slower
08-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Got it, thanks.

For some reason the name Rick immediately made me think of Rick Fox, instead of Pitino.

not a particularly appealing choice, no matter how you look at it.