PDA

View Full Version : Do the Knicks want Duhon?

stumps
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I haven't followed this situation closely, but some guy named Chris Duhon is the Knicks starting point guard, totally leads the team, set the single-season record for assists in a game, and plays lock down D. So, can anyone tell me why every Knicks rumor involves a point guard? There's talk today about Jason Williams (no, not that one), as well as Ramon Sessions, let alone all the interest in potentially drafting Curry (not sure what spot he'll play in the league, but PG is certainly a possibility).

I haven't heard any comments from Chris or the coaching staff, but seems like there's something going on.

rotogod00
08-02-2009, 08:55 PM
I haven't followed this situation closely, but some guy named Chris Duhon is the Knicks starting point guard, totally leads the team, set the single-season record for assists in a game, and plays lock down D. So, can anyone tell me why every Knicks rumor involves a point guard? There's talk today about Jason Williams (no, not that one), as well as Ramon Sessions, let alone all the interest in potentially drafting Curry (not sure what spot he'll play in the league, but PG is certainly a possibility).

I haven't heard any comments from Chris or the coaching staff, but seems like there's something going on.

Because there were 40 better PGs according to PER last season and he especially wore down over the last 2 months of the season. he's just not a 30+ minute starter in the league.

COYS
08-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Because there were 40 better PGs according to PER last season and he especially wore down over the last 2 months of the season. he's just not a 30+ minute starter in the league.

I think they just want (Florida's) Jason Williams as a backup, not as a starter. When he announced his retirement last year, he had already spent a few years playing backup's minutes. At the very least, the Knicks need someone from somewhere to backup Duhon or at least split time with him. Part of the reason he wore down was the ridiculous minutes he played all season after having been a backup/rotation guy during the rest of his career.

As for the rumors about a trade that would swap Duhon for Sessions, the Knicks probably just see more upside in Sessions. Sessions is younger, and had a better year PER-wise than Duhon by a bit. Duhon will have a long NBA career, i think, because he is an excellent defender and rarely turns the ball over. However, I think he is best suited as a bench player/rotation player on a team with other more potent offensive threats.

Welcome2DaSlopes
08-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Yea playing in D-tony system he got wore down after the all star break and with no other point guard except CriptoNATE who is not a true point guard the Knicks need another true point to help out Duhon