PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hansbrough hurt....same shin?

moonpie23
07-31-2009, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4369069

MChambers
07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Hate to see anyone hurt, even a Heel.

(whoops -- title should be "Hope not")

Greg_Newton
07-31-2009, 05:11 PM
I feel like "Tyler" should be now be assumed to be Tyler Thornton 'round these parts... so this scared me a little more than it would have! However, while I'm glad TT is okay, it's too bad to hear about TH. As much as he's driven me crazy, it's hard not to pull for a kid with that type of dedication and work ethic. Plus, it's nice when a Tar Hole comes along every so often that doesn't carry himself with the typical Danny Green-esque obnxious cockiness. Best of luck to Tyler with the recovery.

Methodistman
07-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Plus, it's nice when a Tar Hole comes along every so often that doesn't carry himself with the typical Danny Green-esque obnxious cockiness.

I truly do undertand why you say this, because of the "show" that Green would put on, however I do just want to say that my wife and kids had a chance to meet both players, and without a doubt, they came away with a completely different opinion of Danny Green. He took a genuine interest in them, even though they were obviously Duke fans (age 11 and 9), and was very engaging and respectful towards my wife. TH, on the other hand, seemed painfully shy - and my wife felt he was the one who came off as "cocky."

All that being said, still wish for him to heal quick. I had a stress fracture on my shin back about the same time TH originally had his problems, and I knew that he had to be playing with pain the whole season.

Greg_Newton
07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
I truly do undertand why you say this, because of the "show" that Green would put on, however I do just want to say that my wife and kids had a chance to meet both players, and without a doubt, they came away with a completely different opinion of Danny Green. He took a genuine interest in them, even though they were obviously Duke fans (age 11 and 9), and was very engaging and respectful towards my wife. TH, on the other hand, seemed painfully shy - and my wife felt he was the one who came off as "cocky."

Interesting story... I guess I should be more careful to judge!

Insert Deon Thompson then, who last I heard still carried around separate cell phones for his guy friends and his "[girls]."

RelativeWays
07-31-2009, 06:49 PM
You can't hate on Deon's big pimpin' then

To bad about Beaker though, I guess the sheep's concerns for holding him out a few games last season was not some clandestine plot by Huckleberry Hound as some believed. He did well in the summer league and hopefully this won't set him back too much in earning a rotation spot.

FireOgilvie
07-31-2009, 07:00 PM
You can't hate on Deon's big pimpin' then

To bad about Beaker though, I guess the sheep's concerns for holding him out a few games last season was not some clandestine plot by Huckleberry Hound as some believed. He did well in the summer league and hopefully this won't set him back too much in earning a rotation spot.

Hopefully his inability to play basketball in the NBA holds him back and not injuries.

This isn't the UNC board. If people want to talk about how great he is and how much they like him (without actually knowing him), they should do that somewhere else.

RelativeWays
07-31-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't think anyone hear was uniformly singing his praises as a great player and humanitarian (thats Tim Tebow according to the media) but if people want to respect his effort and wish him well on his pro career, I see nothing wrong with that. Of course we can be petty and bitter, scream and throw poop and wish that every UNC player dies of AIDS, but you're right this isn't the place for that. This is DBR, not IC. We have brains, common sense and logic.

Besides, the fact that Beaker is in a Pacers uniform and not a sheep uniform never fails to bring a smile to my face.

eightyearoldsdude
08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Classy comments duly noted by this Tar Heel fan.

re: DG vs. Tyler, I agree that TH is probably painfully shy, but also has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and does not like public attention that much. On the offchance that anyone here cares, there's a lengthy article on him that discusses his offcourt personality in a little more depth (it's on IC, so I won't link it). I think college players who achieve national renown tend to get a little more reclusive. They're in this weird position of being famous, but having to attend lectures, turn in assignments, etc. Most other famous people can isolate themselves pretty effectively. Couple that with some natural shyness, add a lot of both praise and criticism from the media, and voila.

As far as Danny Green goes, I never understood why his dancing provoked such outrage. It seemed like a good reminder that, despite this being a big business, it can also be fun. In all other respects, he always seemed like a nice, thoughtful kid who had to deal with a lot of heavy family stuff.

Now, if you're talking about McCants or 'Sheed, it's easier for Heels to understand the hatred...

SmartDevil
08-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Hansbrough....same old shin

Azdukefan
08-01-2009, 11:47 PM
As far as Danny Green goes, I never understood why his dancing provoked such outrage. It seemed like a good reminder that, despite this being a big business, it can also be fun. In all other respects, he always seemed like a nice, thoughtful kid who had to deal with a lot of heavy family stuff.

To be honest with you, I loved it (the JUMP, JUMP, dance)! I thought it was pure comedy and think it is part of what is right about college basketball. The kid was having fun. Had that been one of our guys, some posters wouldn't view as they do now. Some people are too uptight!

Duke 4 Life!!!!!

Devilsfan
08-02-2009, 12:27 PM
If only he had rhythm.