PDA

View Full Version : Ink jet vs. laser?

Ima Facultiwyfe
07-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I want to print an image on a glossy magnet sheet. The sheet package says it's for an ink jet printer. Does anybody know what would happen if I used it in a laser printer? I don't mind trying an experiment if I know I won't wreck the printer itself.:confused:
Love, Ima

OZZIE4DUKE
07-23-2009, 10:23 AM
I want to print an image on a glossy magnet sheet. The sheet package says it's for an ink jet printer. Does anybody know what would happen if I used it in a laser printer? I don't mind trying an experiment if I know I won't wreck the printer itself.:confused:
Love, Ima
The magnetic sheet might melt! Laser printers use heat to print and get HOT! Paper designed for ink jets may curl if used in a laser printer. Also, the finish (fineness) of the paper varies. Multi-use paper tries to be in the middle of the spec range to accomodate both, but won't give you the highest quality in either. For text printing, it won't make much difference in the quality. I learned all this when I wanted to print some brochures and was looking at different types of paper. I have both types of printers. I use the inkjet for everyday printing, the laser for color brochures - it is much faster to print a bunch of brochures.

Ima Facultiwyfe
07-23-2009, 10:29 AM
I was trying to figure out how to print a magnet that won't run in the rain for Tilly's new car. Guess I'll go back to the drawing board on this one.:rolleyes:
Love, Ima

Jarhead
07-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I was trying to figure out how to print a magnet that won't run in the rain for Tilly's new car. Guess I'll go back to the drawing board on this one.:rolleyes:
Love, Ima

Don't give up. I want to know how to do it, too.

Ima Facultiwyfe
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Don't give up. I want to know how to do it, too.

I've got another idea but no time to try it today. Stay tuned.
Love, Ima