PDA

View Full Version : NC State loses a guard!!!

SupaDave
07-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Uh oh, well we already had company with thin backcourts but it looks like we just got a little more.

Lorenzo Brown has failed to qualify academically for NC State. Huge blow for those guys...

4decadedukie
07-14-2009, 12:34 PM
I presume he might be eligible to return at the beginning of the second semester; if so, he would miss few (if any) ACC contests.

CDu
07-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I presume he might be eligible to return at the beginning of the second semester; if so, he would miss few (if any) ACC contests.

I think he's ineligible for the entire season due to not qualifying by NCAA standards. That's different than failing to make grades for a semester in college. Word is that he's going to go to Hargrave for a year.

whereinthehellami
07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
So much for that awesome recruiting class for the wolfies. Looks like they are destined for the kids table in the basement with the Wahoos.

roywhite
07-14-2009, 02:05 PM
So much for that awesome recruiting class for the wolfies. Looks like they are destined for the kids table in the basement with the Wahoos.

I feel kinda sorry for Sydney and the Wuffies. They have trouble catching a break.

Bitter irony for Sydney that the qualities he possessed as a player, being a smart, aggressive ball handler and decision maker, are proving to be so elusive in recruiting.

SupaDave
07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Maybe now they understand why Les had to do what he had to do. It's no coincidence that Valvano went for less glamorous players in his hey day...

ACCBBallFan
07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Losing Brown hurts NC State, but their biggest worry is like the old Wendy's commercial - Where's the beef?

Their problem is more how to replace McCauley, Costner & Fells.

Tracy Smith and Dennis Horner is a pretty small front line duo returning, unless they have other some recruits, which then changes the problem to how effective they will be as frosh.